Use Your Time Wisely
Ask the Right Questions
You will stimulate thoughts on how to improve the way you are using your time.
Ask yourself -
- What is the best use of my time right now?
- What is the future impact of this activity?
- Am I able to perform this task on my own?
- Do I need to ask for help?
- What else could I be doing better?
- What’s working well right now?
- What’s not working well right now? How can I change it?
The more you use this technique, you’ll amaze yourself on how quickly the answer will come to you and you’ll know what to try next.
Try this out
- Switch off all distracting tools and devices or anything that distracts you easily
- Set your alarm or timer for 25 minutes.
- Cultivate a mental set before starting. Quite simply, you tell yourself literally what you will do next. Example - “In the next 25 minutes, I'm going to finish and proof-read this 2 page document and then post it on my website.”
- Start the timer and get into the work flow state
- Take a 5-minute rest between each 25 minute work interval and repeat the process several times.