Got it! I knew I'd figure it out, just wasn't sure the how long!
This month has really rocked for me. I won't go into all of it. BUT I did get accepted into Kyle's SAC, that's a new beginning for me. I have a direction again. I tend to lose my way often, especially when A LOT of real life stuff happens.
Anyways, I was following our first month SAC training with the idea of using a website I already had, but really hadn't done much with. Cool, right? LOOOOSER BUZZZER sound, the site were loading so slow. The lowest speed was 49, and the highest 62. I did not know what the hell to do.
So I posted the issue in training. I tried everything that was suggested. I resized all my images. Even deleted a page that was very graphic intense, think I got up to 69 site speed after that. I changed themes, I believe I have now seen every single theme in WordPress. And theme changes did absolutely nothing. >sighs<
I started looking to buy a new domain name. Do you know how many people, right now, are looking to buy a domain name? And ALL the good ones are already taken. If you want a url a mile long, you can find a few good ones, but their not what you would call 'simple,' And I remember in training to keep it simple, and easy to remember. Yeah, right. I even had my hubby and a friend trying to come up with new domain names. I really like the one I already have. It's simple, short, and unique. I love unique! But SO DAMN SLOW!
I was like a dog with one of them gigantic bones you see at Rural King/Tractor Supply/Etc. Then I remembered a social media plugin I had installed back around the holidays. I liked it so much I even bought the premium version. But I will never do that again,buy a premium right off the bat. This particuar lesson cost me money.
I'm not saying USM Premium, by UltimatelySocial, is a bad plugin, but I am saying my experience with it was not a good one. It made my site so slow! None of my posts/pages had a green marking, yellow and red was it! If you have problems after installing USM, you might wanna check it out. After deactivating it, my site speed shot up to 92, and now 99!
One more thing, whenever you're having site issues, always try and remember if you downloaded any new plugins lately. This is the second time I had issues with my site after installing something.
Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up and share how happy I am! =)