Steps for My Success in Internet Marketing
2017! Now is the time for ME to finally develop a self-substaining e-commerce business. Up to now, I've been reading, learning a little and making too many purchases without knowing how to move forward and make money.
Did I Achieve My Goals Last Year?
Reflecting on 2016, I didn't achieve my "goals" because I didn't actually set clear goals as it relates to Internet Marketing (IM). Actually, I really didn't have a clue about what it was. But I realized that I wanted to do something different in my professional life. Like, "make money while I sleep". I know that I could have achieved my goals if I had a plan. Now that I recognize the problem I can now create positive changes in my IM life. I have set and achieved goals in every other area of my life. I can do it with IM.
I'm Not Insane
Albert Einstein is quoted as having said “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.” Well, I am not insane. So this year I will make changes in my approach. For without a change in my approach to IM, I will be ending 2017 the same way I ended 2016. The best thing that happened to me in 2016 was discovering Wealthy Affiliate (WA). I have the opportunity now for a fresh start.
I've Committed to Produce Results
I have made a commitment to myself that as I achieve my IM goals, I will consistently set new goals with the expectation of moving forward. I know that building on forward momentum produces results that are endless.
My failure to achieve goals last year is because I really didn't have any. I envisioned positive results without establishing steps to follow that would lead to success in IM. Well, WA is major part of my answer. Using the resources here will help me to establish behaviors that will get results for me in 2017.
My Steps to IM Success
I have made a commitment to myself to take action steps to achieve my goals and produce a successful IM business:
1) I will start with baby steps. I will resist the temptation to make huge sweeping changes. I will pick small goals that I can accomplish within the next 30 to 60 days.
2) I will make a commitment to write my goals down and sign my name to them.
3) I will read my goals out loud daily and ask myself what I must do today to achieve them.
4) I will remind myself daily to not become too busy with "life" and my other endeaors, but to spend time daily on IM goals.
5) I will act on my decisions once made. I will take action each day. I know that a little progress each day will bring me closer to my goal.
6) I will read my goals again out loud at the end of each day. I will ask myself if I put forth every possible effort to achieve them. If not, I will make the necessary adjustments in my action plan the following day.
7) I will achieve my goals in the time I've allotted -- within 30 to 60 days. After I have achieved my goals, I will make new goals right away and repeat the process.
8) I will share my success with the WA network and give support and encouragement to others as they work to achive their goals.
I have committed myself to follow these steps to IM success in 2017. WA has provided the tools and the inspiration for me to establish a successful pattern of behavior for success in IM for years to come.
J Thomas Smith