As an Executive Manager, I have over 37 years’ experience in managing small to medium sized businesses in creation, development, growth, staffing and financial control.
I moved to Brisbane in August 1979 and have been self-employed, either as a sole trader, trustee or director of various entities, since this time. During the period from 1984 to 2009 all businesses were substantially or totally owned in partnership with Rodney Mackay. In August 2009, the partnership ended amicably.
Since 2009, I have been working as a consultant to various property and financial firms to help establish systems and grow their portfolios.
Throughout my career I have acquired and developed the following core skills:
- The ability to sell tangible and intangible products and services both to businesses and individuals.
- Forming, initiating and selling solutions to the various participants of a small business in difficult times.
- Crisis management and/or trouble shooting.
- Business modelling and planning.
- Managing the financial resources, arranging leases, overdrafts, credit accounts, bookkeeping and all other financial requirements.
- Recruitment, employment and management of staff.
- Liaise with various parties to keep the arranged times for completion and financial commitments in check (property development industry).
- Function in the capacity as a Director at small to medium company level.
- How to structure a business to achieve appropriate financial outcomes.
Underscoring this broad range of business skills is my ability to understand and care for the needs of individuals. This has driven the establishment of loyal employees, consultants and clients over a variety of different businesses.
I have a strong people first ethos where I believe it’s the employees, owners or consultants I work with that deserve the recognition for the end result. I pride myself in being the first to take the blame for things and last to take the credit.