Cleaning Up Your WordPress Site
Last Update: Nov 22, 2021
We are starting the week. And it is good to start fresh and with a clean desk. Have you ever considered cleaning up your website too? Yes, grab a (digital) mop. We are going to swab this deck.
By cleaning up your site, we mean optimizing images and deleting unnecessary files. It will result in a faster website. And thus, a better user experience.
Here are some suggestions:
- Delete themes and plugins you're not using.
- Update everything on your site.
- Delete media files that you're not using.
- Optimize your images (Wealthy Affiliate installs Kraken (a plugin). It does the job for you. Be sure this plugin is among your other plugins).
- Check and fix broken links.
- Delete comments you have placed in the spam folder.
- Update content.
For those that have some time here in Wealthy Affiliate, these are simple steps. Those that are just starting may need a hand performing some of these tasks. Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to delete themes and plugins you're not using. And if you're interested, we can also upload explanations for the other points.
Cleaning is a regular part of our life. And so it should be for our digital assets too.
I hope you all have a great week ahead!
Great advice thanks for sharing
Congrats on your four posts on page one! Hard work pays off! It's exciting for you, and it's exciting for all of us too!
Thank you for sharing your approval of these points.
I wish you continue having a productive week!
Some excellent advice here, Henry!
See more comments
This is great advice and an excellent way to start the week.
Thank you, Henry.
I'm glad you found these points helpful. Have a great week.