Do you have information indigestion?
One of the aspects of Wealthy Affiliate I found overwhelming when I first joined was the volume of information. I had shiny object syndrome really badly. It took some time to realize that if I ever wanted to achieve my goals, I would need some discipline.
If you are an information junkie, like me, you can easily get sidetracked and so here are some tips on how to deal with this.
- Every decision you make during the day takes up some of your energy. It helps to do your most important work (work that will bring in the money!) at the beginning of the day when your mind is fresh.
- Designate an hour or two at the end of the day to do the smaller tasks. Try to group them together as this helps you to get more done.
- Switching between different activities all the time can make you anxious and exhausted. If you end up checking your incoming emails twenty times a day, it will be hard to stay on track.
- If a thought pops into your head while you are concentrating on writing a post, write it down and then carry on working. I do this because I can go completely off track if I don't. If I write it down, I know that I can always come back to the idea at a later stage.
- Take breaks! We all know this but it is easier said than done. I try to work in hourly chunks and take a short break every hour. Doing this will help you to be more efficient in the long run as it helps your brain to stay fresh.
Hope these simple tips will help you to focus and stay on track.