How I Choose Affiliate Products for Passive Income
What are you Passionate about?
You may have already discovered that it isn’t always easy to find good products to start earning a great passive income. However, you also need to understand that it is vital to your success in affiliate marketing.
The good news is, there are thousands of great products to choose from, if you know how to find them.
Finding your niche and associated products can be the most frustrating part of affiliate marketing. But I am sure the steps below will make this much easier for your, along with the awesome training here at Wealthy Affiliate.
Here are the steps I like to use when I am looking for affiliate products:
1. Look for something that you are really interested in and are passionate about. Stay away from only looking for just one affiliate product. You don’t want to create your website and all the associated work, and then have to start all over again because you couldn’t find enough products for your niche.
- Is there something you are interested in that you may consider yourself an expert in?
- Try to choose something you really like that will also be very profitable, because you will be spending a lot of time creating content and making sure your site is SEO strong.
- Make sure your niche has plenty of products to keep your potential customers happy and to help them solve their problem. As an example, with my first site I am helping men with low testosterone issues and there are tons of great products and information available for my customers. Product reviews are great in my example.
2. Does your niche have a lot of competition? Now days, pretty much any product you choose will have at least some competition. But you can still find products that don’t have a ton of competition. Start with those and once you become an authority in your niche, you can go after more competitive products. You should find metrics in most affiliate programs that will tell you how well products are selling and what is hot and trending. You can use google Trends for this to see what people are searching for.
3. Consider how much time you are going to have for this niche/product. Bottom line find products that you are convinced you will have time in your schedule to adequately promote. If it requires more time and effort than you really can devote to it, don’t pick that product or niche.
4. Have a good landing page. It doesn’t matter how awesome your product is, you still have to sale it with your landing or sales page. I tend to use the affiliate program pages if they are good. But if you think that page if overused by other affiliates, you can create your own awesome page using Canva. Canva is free to join and has tons of awesome capability. Check out the great Canva training by clicking on the following link:
5. Check out the commission for the product(s). Commissions can really vary in how much you will get for a product. I have seen them from 1% all the way up to 75%. If you see an affiliate product promising you 100% commissions, ignore it and run away as quick as you can. It isn’t always easy but try to pick products with decent commissions, but don’t forget you are trying to help people and solve their problem with the products you choose. Never forget that!
6. Is the product going to be around for a long time? There are definitely products that can change over time. Pick products that are solid, so you won’t have to constantly change how you are promoting them. The best passive income products stay consistent, so your landing page or sales page stays effective.
7. Make sure to keep track of your traffic and what is converting. The best affiliate programs will provide you with data on your web traffic and of course your conversions. You can also set up Google Analytics to track your traffic, conversions and much more. Google Analytics is a critical free tool you have to use for your online business. If you see tons of traffic but not many conversions, you probably need to come up with a different product or maybe just a better landing or sales page.
Choosing the right products is one of the keys to becoming a successful affiliate marketer.
Find YOUR niche and the best products for that niche and you will be well on your way to making the passive income you are working for.
If you follow the training here at Wealthy Affiliate one step at a time, you will learn all of this and so much more. The only way to lose at this is to give up. Don’t give up on your dreams.
My hope is that this info has provided you with useful information. Feel free to share with all your affiliate marketing friends.