Day 29: You Don't Realize How Far You've Come Until You Look Back
Today's blog post is going to be a short one, nothing too exciting has gone on recently so not much to report on.
One thing I did want to share with you was a little bit of motivation for those who feel they've been here a while but haven't seen results yet.
I was helping out a friend here at WA today when I realized just how much I was beginning to understand about internet marketing. Six months ago I had no clue what I was doing!
For example, while I haven't earned much physical cash over the last 6 months, I have gained an understanding of:
- How to create and maintain a site, including a VERY basic understanding of code
- How to get ranked well in Google (from languishing on page 17 and beyond to hitting page 1 for some terms),
- How to properly use affiliate links (and why you SHOULDN'T use them a lot of the time),
- How to leverage keywords and search terms (and see if the competition really is that low; checking for authority sites under the same keyword etc.),
- How to increase your click-through-rate (incorporating call to actions, list based titles and dates),
- How to write content that is readable and engaging (from walls of text to attractive posts),
- How to write LOTS of content (from 500 word posts once a week to 1500 word posts daily),
- How to properly use on page SEO (including the importance of alt-text and videos),
- How to set up an email list, landing page, etc,
- How to analyze site statistics,
And so much more!
Now for me that it much more valuable than any cash I might have been able to earn working a Saturday job, because that is developing a skillset that will serve me well for years to come!
For anyone who feels they're not getting any 'profit' from their efforts, consider this:
Your skillset you are developing IS the profit!
Visitors last week: 179
Visitors last month: 485
Money earned total: $0.30
Money earned: $0
Unique WA affiliate link clicks: 80
TOTAL words written: 65,000