Two months down!
Finally, I've been a premium member for about two months now and I must say, Wealthy Affiliate does help in a lot of progress.
There are many things I've learned during this process and some of them which helped a lot are:
- The bounce rate effects on ranking.
- How to monetize a website better.
- The best plugins out there for social sharing and others.
- Getting ranked with the help of google webmaster tools.
- Writing content which is engaging and adding intent to comments.
- Using custom css when your template doesn't support it (All credits to Leoemery here because he is awesome)
Learned a lot of other things too but the one's mentioned above helped a lot!
- Also, choosing the right template can be a real headache and the best way to save your time is to apply those filters while searching, they do help and that's how I found my theme.
- Many of us tend to make the title's of our posts all capital and that affects rankings so don't make all of them caps, just the starting letters should be fine!
( This one was given by Kyle, thanks! :D)
- Many themes out there also have this option of featured images and when you put a picture in there, it appears as a huge image and then your audience has to scroll down to read your actual content, that isn't the best thing to do either and I chose a theme which does that... So, the best thing to do in these type of themes is to add the pictures inside the actual content and trust me they looked way better than they did before!
One very important thing that I would like to share is the difference between SiteComments and Feedback for the new members at WA :D
If you've ever made the mistake of giving a feedback on the SiteComments platform, it is mainly because you are new to WA and trust me I was there once!
For those of you who have done this, the SiteComments is for official comments on a user's website so it must be about their content and no criticisms!
Feedback is for telling them how they could make it better and that is done through the Site Feedback!
I got one feedback on the SiteComments platform today and I hope this helps for the the new members in here.
Thank you so much for reading and have a great day ahead! :D