I am glad I Joined Wealthy Affiliate WA last month August, 2015
It has been a month since I joined Wealthy Affiliate (WA). At first I was not sure what I was getting myself into, but after reviewing the getting started course and its materials which are taught by Kyle, i was very sure, this is not SCAM and as a result I decided to plunge myself and became a premium member. In the past, I had come across sites claiming you can make money online, only to search them on the google engine and find they were scam sites and many people had made bad reviews about those sites. However, when I googled WA, i did not see such reviews, but saw only great reviews and how it had helped people to start their own online businesses and that is why I decided to join. After reading the getting started course by Kyle, I said I am going to give it a try and see what will be the outcome and so far, I don't regret it.
The information provided in WA courses has been an eye opener and has opened to me a great deal of knowledge which I believe with time, will pay off. However, time is the determining factor because it has to be constant reading and application. Each day you plunge yourself in WA, you are adding value to your skills of doing business online and it is cumulative. It will not happen in a day or two, or one month or six months, but cumulatively you are opening your perspective in the online business community which has a multiplying factor through constant application. As for me, it has been a month and I appreciate the fact that, I have been reading stuff that has changed my perspective about doing online business. I have also learned how to build a website through wordpress which is great. Anytime I thought of creating a website, i thought I have learn how to code and apply coding skills such as HTML and CSS, but with Wordpress, you don't need this skills to develop a good website.
Therefore, having shared my learning experience here at WA, I have learned five things which I believe will lay a good foundation when I start my online business. I would say these five things are important to help you initiate and lay a good foundation that will help you in your future business. The five things I have learnt are:
- Wordpress (Applying themes and plugins, developing web pages, applying different codes for affiliate programs and creating custom menus, adding images etc)
- I learnt how to register a domain through Namechip and transfer it to WA servers. As WA premium member, you don't have to worry about hosting your website, because WA does it for you.
- I have learnt how to monetize a website by joining different affiliate programs which I knew existed, but did not have know how you can monetize your website.
- Currently, I am learning how to drive traffic to my website through my personal networks. I plan to launch the website when I am through with it or done and then connect it with my social networks.
- I am learning how to blog and I have written a few blogs on my website. My niche is solar energy and my blog is about how to switch to solar energy to save money and help reduce the effects of climate change. For more details, please see my website at www.switchingtosolarpv.com
I am glad to help any member if you are stuck developing your website or blog, Please feel free to connect with me. I will be glad to help you out where I can. Also, please let me know if you have any comments for my website or share your website link with me if you are new like me and we can help each other in developing a website.
I look forward to seeing you comments and thank you all in advance.