- How to Install A Plugin Successfully
How to Install A Plugin Successfully
Okay so first you need to decide which kind of plugin you need. There are hundreds of different plugins available with dozens of features. Many are similar and each offer you a different purpose. But they all share a common goal...
To make your life easier!
Plugins are going to simplify your wed design experience... especially for those of us who aren't that great at it.
Let's say you need a plugin to add a share button to your website content. A social plugin is going to allow your visitors to share your content with their friends and followers on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest to name a few.
This is a great plugin to have on your site because the more links you have in the world wide web, the more chances your content has to be seen.
AKA more TRAFFIC.
And we all know more traffic = more sales= more $$$!
Here's how you're going to search for your plugin.
1. Login to your website dashboard/ admin page and click on Plugins.
2. Then click on Add New.
3. Once in the Add New section, type in to the search box what kind of plugin you're looking for.
4. For this example, I'm going to type in "Social".
5. Now from the results, you're going to select the best social plugin with the following guidelines.
- 4 star or better rating.
- High number of reviews and downloads.
- compatible with your version of Worpress.
As you can see based on this example, the plugin on the left is the obvious choice because it follows the guidelines.
The last step is the most important one.
The one on the right fails to meet the most important guideline. If the plugin you like isn't compatible with your theme, it can ruin your website and create chaos for you. Especially if you don't know much about code.
Stick to these guidelines and you'll be fine.
Now it's time to move on to activating your plugin!