How to Create a YouTube Short
How to Examine the Stats of a YouTube Shorts
On the YouTube app, there’s a new display area called “Short Videos”. It appears often below the videos people watch. When it is clicked, it gives the user a list of short videos.
Randomly, some Shorts feature on this shelf, as made by YouTube. When a creator’s video appears there, they’d have earned millions of views. You can, of course, find your own Shorts there, but since it’s random, there’s no certainty for this.
Your videos need to start appearing in the home feed and the subscription feed to get more views. If you see a sharp rise in the number of views in your channel, this might be from the Short shelf or these feeds. How do you know the specific one?
- Journey to the YouTube Studio; in the left navigation menu, click on “Analytics”.
- This will show you an overview tab. This tab displays a graph that shows your views, subscribers, watch time, etc.
- Directly below the graph, click on “See More” for more advanced analytics.
How to Add YouTube Shorts As A Featured Section
Here is the guide:
- First, go to the YouTube Studio and click on “Customization” at the left navigation menu.
- At the top of the page, select the layout tab and down to the featured section, click on “Add Section”.
- In this tab, one of the options there is “short videos”. Choose the content you want and this new section will be added to your featured selection list.
- Lastly, drag the “short videos” section to the top of your list, and now click on “Publish”.
More about the YouTube Shorts Featured Section
It only takes a small duration of time to create a featured section for YouTube Shorts. This section automatically pops up, as long as you have your vertical, less-than-60-sec video ready.
The main problem here is that you can only create this featured section on a desktop device. Nonetheless, it’s good to know creators can finally get more views on their short videos.