- Are You Struggling For Higher Search Rankings? These 7 Best SEO Practices Should Help
Are You Struggling For Higher Search Rankings? These 7 Best SEO Practices Should Help
Google's mission to deliver relevant search results often leads to its search algorithm updates.
As expected in the SEO space, these updates also result in changes to ranking signals.
To prevent your web pages from sliding down each time these updates occur, you need to deploy SEO best practices.
This post highlights 7 of the best SEO practices in the industry. Learn them, apply them, and see your search ranking improve over time.
The main topics covered in our 7 best SEO practices tutorial include:
- Target Less Competitive But Related Keywords
- Capture Search Intent With Your Content
- The Use of SSL Certificate to Secure Your Site
- Make Your URLs Short and Descriptive
- Make Use of Multiple Internal Links
- Fix The Load Speed of Your Site
- Create Quality Content That is Relevant to Your Readers
1. Target Less Competitive But Related Keywords
If you have to go into a battle, choose the terms and conditions that are most favorable to you.
No need competing for popular keywords, because they fall within the terrain of the big brands. They have thousands of quality content, massive backlinks from authority sites, and lots of money to spare.
It is smart to target particular keywords best related to your business, yet having less competition.
One of the best methods to use is long-tail keywords.
A simple example is a fashion outfit that makes dresses for ladies. Rather than opting for keywords like "ladies gown", or "ladies skirts", what about using the query "ladies party gown for size 12?"
This may reduce the amount of potential traffic, but put you in front of those who make the exact phrase match.