Did I waste an hour and a half?
Hey if you ever thought to yourself, if WA had any better competition out there, then read on.
I was doing some research late, last night, on other programs to review, and I came across, Dan Henry - a self taught, self-proclaimed guru of FB marketing and founder of the platform: Get Clients Mastermind Community (not as big as WA). He was offering a free webinar, so I booked it.
I thought it would be interesting to watch and see what new tips he could offer, not found in WA. He also promised a free copy of his sales funnel for those who viewed his webinar to the end.
I asked Victory (my daughter and also fellow WA member) to sit in with me today, at 11 am (NZ Time). So, we made coffee and sat waiting 10 minutes early ready, with pens and notebooks.
About 92 other people joined in as well.
Long story made short:
- There was no sound, we couldn't hear anything. Our sounds worked pretty okay on our end, as I had external speakers hooked to my PC. I asked on the live chat if this could be fixed on their end but I got no reply (hmm...automated??).
- The webinar was good. I got a few tips, not only on face book marketing but also how to format great looking webinar pages. However, thank God I joined WA first - or these would have all been "new shiny things" for me.
- Victory left me after the first 5 minutes and said, she had better things to do.
- About 15 minutes near the end, the hidden sales pitches started - first with the upsell of one only payment of $3000 for all his trainings, including membership to his community of 24/7 support. At that moment, I saw the number of people in the webinar go down quickly to 84.
- The upsell went from $3000 to $900 and then finally a split 2 monthly payment of $597
- I waited (my butt getting sore) until right at the end he finally tells us to go to their page and sign up a free trial to get the free funnel page - a real bummer! (I'm still contemplating if I should, or not). How can you trust him after that?
My conclusion - WA truly is still the number one platform for me
What the webinar emphasised for me, was how grateful I am for having found WA in time - don't get me wrong, Dan Henry obviously knew his stuff and the earnings his members make are amazing (only if you have money lying about, which I and many others here don't).
Also, I am reminded of how much, I should appreciate the wealth of free learning that we recieve here at WA, at no exra cost. This is something that I take for granted, and I encourage everyone to please support our members who actually take time from their own businesses to create for us such wonderful trainings, on a daily basis. A like or comment is all they need from us, to keep them motivated.
I did have to question, though, whether, Dan Henry will change any of his marketing strategies according to how much FB will change (or has it already?) with the competition we now see with the other social medias, such as IG and Pinterest.
Anyway - was the webinar a complete waste of time? - not at all. It taught me a lot about what not to do, should I ever create a webinar in the future. It also gives me something to review and whilst, I did not hear any sound, I was able to list for myself some excellent keywords, that Dan had written in his subscripted pages, for my new WA posts, as well.
However, I am still a little miffed about not getting that free funnel template (which was awesome by the way) and my butt really is getting sore.
Therefore, after comparing in my head what we get here at WA, and what was being offered for $3000 (thats only one training targeted at FB marketing) at Dan Henry's platform, I have no doubt, in my mind, that WA gives me more for my small $49/monthly subscription than any other program, out there.
Thanks for reading my two cents worth of hum drum for the day :)