Last Update: October 17, 2016
ABP, a free extension of Google Chrome and also available for Android, Firefox, IE, Opera, Safari and Yandex. It is an open source project.
Features of ABP
- Block Ads- blocks all annoying ads on the web by default including vidoe ads on YouTube, Facebook Ads, flashy banners, pop-ups and pop-under. This will work if you will add it on your filter list. Simply install ABP thru here: https://adblockplus.org
- Allow Acceptable Ads - We all know that websites rely on ads revenue, ABP encourages using non-intrusive ads rather than annoying, irrelevant ads, these are defined acceptable ads and outlined appropriate ad placement and size. Acceptable ads can be found here: https://adblockplus.org/en/acceptable-ads#criteria. Those ads meeting the criteria of acceptable ads are visible. but you can disable the feature anytime and browse ad-free from here: https://adblockplus.org/en/acceptable-ads#optput
- Disable Tracking - When you are browsing the Internet, there are many firms tracking online activity and browsing history. There are hundreds of ad agencies tracking our moves online. With ABP, it is very easy to disable most tracking and browse the web in incognito mode. To enable the feature click this: chrome-extension://cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb/options.html and click Add.
- Disable Malware Domains- Computer that is slow at start-up and with annoying pop-ups can be caused by a malware. Computer infected with malware are susceptible to all types of cyber attacks including stolen identity. When your computers are infected with malware, they can be used to send spam emails or attack other computers or servers, steal passwords, ssn, personal documents and credit card information. You can configure ABP to block domains that are known to spread malware to protect your machine against viruses, Trojan horses, worms, adware and spyware. You can enable ABP to disable malware in here: chrome-extension://cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb/options.html and click Add.
- Disable Social Media Buttons - Have you noticed buttons for social media platforms for almost every website you visit? Even if you don't click them, these buttons are sending requests to the social network's servers which then uses the information to create a profile based on your browsing habit. ABP can disable those buttons to ensure social networks will not create a profile based on websites you visit. To enable the feature visit: chrome-extension://fch/doj/bkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb/options.html
Hope you take note of this for free annoying pop-ups.
22 comments 14 likes
13 comments 10 likes
26 comments 15 likes
29 comments 17 likes
27 comments 23 likes
7 comments 7 likes
18 comments 7 likes
22 comments 19 likes
26 comments 15 likes
32 comments 18 likes