The benefits of social dance
Social dance like a lot of other things in life. Is consistently changing. Studios change their staff, curriculum, prices and sometimes even their physical location.
One of the biggest changes that has taken place over the last twenty years or so has been the emergence of the freelance dance teacher give new and older students alike a second option to further their dance education, the biggest difference between the two ( studio and freelance teacher) is the absence of a binding contract..it doesn't exist where the freelance teacher isconcerned.
Regardless though of where you decide to begin or further your dance education, there remains one consistent factor of learning to dance that will never change and that has to do with the benefits available to the couple or single dance student.
The following list of benefits is available to all, some of which may surprise you and it reads something like this;
1) An improved social life: People want to e able and feel good about themselves and learning a new skill such as social dance. This is true among the men more than women but definitely applies to each and every individual student.
2) To satisfy ones spouse; I've actually had students take lessons with me because of either a bet that one of them lost or the wife kept nagging the husband until he finally caved and gave into to her desire to take lessons.
3) A movie or soundtrack; Nothing can inspire or drive a student to take lessons any more than a T.v or movie soundtrack. A perfect example of what I am talking about was ba k I. The early 1990's when Scent of a woman was with Al Pacino was popular. Everybody wanted to learn to Tango be ause of that movie.
4) An aerobic form of exercise; You cannot find a better form of aerobic or cardiovascular exercise anywhere than a good olheart pounding Line dance, Cha-cha, Jive, Mambo, Salsa or Samba guaranteed !
5) A first dance at a wedding
6) A Christmas, New year's or Government function.
7) To impress the ladies, get a date
8) Meeting new friends
9) Improved posture
10) Improved self confidence
11) Improved self esteem
12) Praise and worship
13) Restorng of trust and communication in marriage
14) A creative and social outlet that. an be used at anytime and anywhere.
The benefits of social dancing are endless and this is just a partial list, but to be able and receive the full benefit of this list, you have to e perisnce it first hand and once you do, you will never be the same again.