21 Day Challenge - You're On! - Here is Day 6 - Mental Meanderings
In an attempt to circumvent the tech challenges currently faced, I am typing this blog in notes on my iPad and the transferring it to WA into a blog. One result of that is that this blog, like yesterday's, is not going to be prettied up until I get to the office. That was on the cards for today but I decided rather to take this Sunday off - so to speak. But a challenge is a challenge so here it is - 21 Day Challenge - You're On! - This is Day 6 - Mental Meanderings
One of my goals for 2019 is to simply as much of my life as possible. - a major goal right now is to simplify the tech side of things, it will make life infinitely easier. Coincidentally, the message series at my church has been Simplify and something our Pastor said really struck me:
* A messy desk equals a messy mind
* A messy home equals a messy heart
Now remember what Robin Sharma says about change: "It's hard in the beginning, messy in the middle and gorgeous in the end."
My translation of that then is, a messy anything is great news - it means that you have started the change, you're in the messy middle and on your way to a gorgeous end!
My WA Journey
Is that not how WA is in so many ways? For me it has been. It was hard at first to get into the discipline of training regularly, even though I've been like a parched sponge, eager to absorb everything as quickly as possible. It is certainly messy in the middle because there is so much I have learned and I want to implement it ALL NOW! Oh man, am I ever looking forward to the gorgeous end.
Along the way though, I have to simplify things in order for them to run smoothly. The following items are on my simplify list:
1. Currently the strategy to build my site and generate traffic is in my head, this needs to change and be put down in black and white
2. Define the various tasks for my online business in keeping with the strategy
3. Schedule said tasks (I asked the question of scheduling in the WA community and received, as always, wonderful feedback. Co Schedule was the option I signed up with, just need to figure out how to keep it free, keeping costs low until such time as MMO kicks in)
4. Implementation of tasks as scheduled
5. Ongoing training within the WA community
6. Ongoing community interaction within the community
7. Overcome tech challenges - this one will not happen immediately as the solution I desire is costly. Ultimately I am looking to buy a new Mac, just like Jerry Huang has. Wow, what a handsome reward for all his hard work! Oh yes, my Mac is firmly in my sights! Tomorrow I will ask our IT guys to jump on Team Viewer and help me with my laptop, this is a short term solution.
Prior to joining Wealthy Affiliate I was a member of another community where we were taught the 5 things leaders do every day:
1. Daily visualization (I need to strengthen this up again, have been a bit slack)
2. Income producing activities (building your site, writing and/or videoing blogs, articles, reviews, placing ads)
3. Personal development (training, books, videos, audios)
4. Mastermind with other leaders (we do this within our WA community daily)
5. Learn. Do. Teach. (on Affiliate Bootcamp this is exactly what we are doing, we learn the lesson, implement and part of implementation is writing the "how to" which is the teach aspect)
I don't suppose this is a state secret I've just shared - oops, hopefully not. If it is, well, I paid for the training, that should count for something ☺️
Hopefully my thoughts and experiences will help others which is why I share them in this blog. Writing about them also helps me get my thoughts into a semblance of order. It's 10.20pm on a Sunday night now, time to get a good night sleep - "all part of success beginning on Sunday's."
21 Day Challenge - You're On! - This is Day 6 - Mental Meanderings