Reorganize Yourself for Success in 2014
Last Update: Dec 30, 2013
As I was reading a book written by Dr. Robert H. Schuller called "Hours of Power" , I came across a message entitled "Is it Time to Reorganize?". His message was that since we are coming to the end of another year, this would be a good time to reflect on whether or not you were successful in achieving your goals. If the answer is no, then perhaps reorganization is necessary. Even if you were successful, reorganization may still be necessary because there may still be some things in your life that need to be changed.
How do you reorganize yourself? According to Dr. Schuller, ask yourself these 5 questions:
- Who am I?
- Where have I come from?
- How did I get here?
- Where do I want to go?
- How can I get there?
I asked myself these questions, and here are the answers I came up with:
1. I am a single black female who is broke, busted, and disgusted, living paycheck to paycheck.
2. I have come from a loving family where my parents stressed the importance of getting a good college education that would lead to a rewarding career of my choice.
3. I got here ("here" meaning broke and disgusted) by being overzealous in pursuing my goal of making money online. I had the desire, but I lacked the knowledge of how to do it correctly. Eventually, I got in way over my head, as my debt continued to climb to the point where I was struggling to meet my expenses.
4. I want to be able to say goodbye to my 9 to 5 job and say hello to a new career of making money online full time, via affiliate or network marketing. I want the freedom live comfortably and do the things I've always wanted to do without worrying about the cost.
5. I can get there by reorganizing myself --by breaking old habits that hinder me and by forming new habits that will help me reach my goal. For example, I have decided that I will try paperless billing instead of receiving paper bills every month. I've set up a dedicated gmail account just for bill paying only, so my ebills will not get lost. This is a small step, but it is one that will help me move forward in being more organized.
Reorganization is a necessary reaction to change. Change is necessary for growth. Without growth, life would be static and dull. People who want something better but are resistant to change, will have a hard time achieving their goals. Say goodbye to 2013 and all the failures and mistakes that you made. Say hello to 2014 and get reorganized and be prepared to meet new challenges that may come up in your journey on the road to success.
It is my sincere hope that I have provoked you into thinking about what you want to achieve next year and how you want to go about it. I would also appreciate comments and discussion about how you are reorganizing yourself. Just remember, if whatever you did this year did not get you the results you wanted, make sure that you reorganize yourself and do something different. Don't be insane--doing the same things and expecting to get different results.
Wishing you the best of success in 2014,
Source: Hours of Power: My Daily Book of Motivation and Inspiration by Robert H. Schuller, HarperSanFrancisco, 2004
See more comments