the impact of parents on children
1. Parents should start at an early age to establish basic guidelines with their young children in order to stabilize boundaries relating to what is acceptable and what is not acceptable concerning their behavior. This is very significant in that failure to do so could result in serious conflicts between the parent and child regarding the importance of defining the difference of who has the final say.
2. The role of the parent at this critical stage is so significant that failure to do so could result in serious consequences regarding their child's life. By teaching discipline the parent is instilling basic qualities of good behavior and establishing the proper values that shape the child's outlook on the proper behavioral patterns required to be able to coexist in today's society.
3. There are six key elements that come into play in the earliest stages of the child's life. They are listed below and will be explained accordingly:
a. Joie de vivre - Cheerfulness, happiness and zest
b. Resilience - The capacity to recover from difficulties
c. Self-discipline - the ability to control one's feelings and overcome weaknesses
d. Honesty - the ability to tell the truth
e. Courage - the ability to do something that brightens one. Willingness to give it a try.
f. Kindness - quality being friendly, generous, and considerate
4. Our children need us to help develop stronger, more flexible backbones. This can be accomplished by using thoughtful encouragement and positive reinforcement. By using these methods, the basic foundation is laid out and continuous positive training will result in an individual with significant traits instilled that should have a significant impact on the child's life going forward.
5. While the above scenario is being described, it should be pointed out that many documented case studies have identified problems that have arisen between parents and their children. An example of this would be the period known as the"terrible twos" in which many difficult situations arise until the child realizes that they are in a no-win situation. In many cases, depending on individual circumstances, the period of time to get this matter resolved can be very short or extended over a longer period.
The need for establishing these extremely important values in children cannot be overstated. While there is no guarantee that an individual might not adhere to the principles that they learned in the early stages of their life, there always remains the hope that by surrounding oneself with positive minded individuals, those memories would come into play. Either by osmosis or the realization on the part of the individual in question that reverting back to the training they received from their parents following that path was far better in their own self-interest than choosing a path that would lead them into possible dangerous situations.
Therefore, by taking into consideration all of the details described above, it would appear that choosing the correct path would result in favorable outcomes. Accordingly, life lessons learned here are that parental guidance carry significant weight and how their children turn out and adapt in today's society.
In summation, this Post means a great deal to me on this important day! In memory of my mother who passed away in 2003, I dedicate it to her. All the sacrifices and hardships that she endured to help keep her family safe were above and beyond anything that I could have ever imagined. I know she's watching and all I can say is" MOM, I could never have become the person that I am today without your guidance and wisdom!" Thank you for being my MOM!