How I Come Up With Blog Ideas That Rank
Last Update: Jan 13, 2019
EASE THE STRUGGLE!
It may seem like a simple process to some, but to others, coming up with blog ideas can sometimes be quite daunting! Well, I am writing THIS blog to give you some positive power when writing that much-needed content!
IT ALL BEGINS WITH ONE COMPELLING WORD!
I rarely have a thought in mind BEFORE I begin to write, whether writing here or on my website---although I may keep a journal of greatly-inspired words!
- I open up the writing platform in preparation.
- I think of ONE COMPELLING WORD.
- I look up its definition.
Doing this gets the wheels turning rapidly!
I read through all the various meanings of that ONE WORD--there are usually several!
When I begin to write centered around that ONE WORD, new thoughts and ideas coming flowing in---and 1,000 words later, I have a post!
PREPARING YOUR MINDSET FIRST.
It sounds so easy, right? Well, it also requires a great deal of mindset. Preparing your mindset first will pave the way for great writing:
- Become enthused with your subject.
- Ask yourself a "What If" question to spark your enthusiasm, "What if I write an amazing article that will rise to #1 in the ranks?" ---(this forsees great possibilities)---It ALWAYS sounds better than, "I hope I will write an amazing article..." --(this forsees some doubt)--See the difference?! I always ask myself "What If" questions all day long! It propels and prompts my thinking! (This could be another blog post!)
- Do a little soul searching before hand, dwelling on what success will feel like! It lifts the struggle and helps to get things flowing!
A PICTURE'S WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS!
The second way I may begin writing a blog post is to begin with a PHOTO. Doing this, allows me to ENVISION all the details around my post!
(I'm sure you were given this method as an assignment at some point in your schooling!)
Before even coming up with a title, go to the endless supply of photos in the writing platform right here, as I did when writing this post.
Very quickly and randomly, type in a word---any word!
Choose a colorful photo and study it. (You may have to search a few before you find the perfect one to write about.) The ideas should start popping into your head of what to write about with each random search. You will know when the right one appears!
SEEING your subject, or SEEING ANYTHING, for that matter, always brings forth ideas. Your brain never ceases to explore!
Take the photo above. I typed in the word "COLOR." This unique lizard, known as a chameleon, changes colors to blend in with his surroundings in order to shelter and protect himself from predators. In researching "chameleon," I found that some people are also referred to as chameleons, regarding the changing of their personalities, depending who they are surrounded by---(church members, friends, strangers, spouses, etc.)
So, isn't this fun?! A whole article could be centered around this one word and photo!--and this one began all by typing the word, "color" into the photo search!
Looking at it in a different perspective---those who are blind and can't see, visualize from within to form concepts, ideas, details and pictures in their mind. So, why wouldn't those of us who CAN see do the same? An interesting way to look at it, huh?! Imagery is key to everything in life!
So, search a word, download a photo, choose a title for it and begin to write!
In WRITING DEEP CONTENT, you can also combine these 2 methods I've mentioned into one, (think of a word and define it----choose a photo and a reflective word):
- Choose and search a word.
- Choose and download a photo.
- Choose a title.
- Choose the reflection word or keyword for your post.
- Look up it's definition.
- Write a flood of content!
- HAPPY WRITING!
PLEASE LIKE AND SHARE THIS POST TO SPREAD THE VISION! Thank you!
YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALSO SURELY APPRECIATED!