Hello, my name is Liz, and I am an addict.
I am here to tell you my story today. I have never sought professional help, but I’m sure I have an addictive personality. Unlike others my addictions are rather strange, just like me. So, let’s get down to business and discuss my addictions.
- 1.Diet Dew. I admit it, I am hooked on Dt. Dew. I am not a coffee drinker; therefore, I need to get my caffeine fix from another source – Dt. Dew! I go through my morning routine with the animals, turn on the computer, dash to the frig and grab my Dew. I sit down at the computer, pop the top of my dew and breathe a sigh of relief. I take a drink and the world comes into focus. Now I can function, I am super woman. I take another drink and those thoughts are chased from my mind and reality sets in. Ok let’s go to WA and see what is going on.
- 2.Cats. I have 10 cats and we are beginning to think that is too many……..NAH.
- 3.My computer. I live on my computer, yes I do. Well, not ON it, behind it with my hands planted on the keyboard. Most of my waking day is spent on it since I can’t do much else at this point.
- 4.Law and Order reruns. I loved the show when it was on. Now I often put it on during the day as I am writing for white noise. I have seen a good majority of the episodes, so I don’t need to pay attention.
- 5.Shopping trips to staples. I admit it, I am hooked on office supplies. I could spend hours in staples browsing through the isles looking over supplies. Wow, electric staplers, electric pencil sharpeners, pens, markers…………oh, my……….pink poster board. I could so use that!!!!!
- 6.Self-advancing mechanical pencils. Pilot Dr. Grip Mechanical Pencil, 0.5mm is the best pencil in the universe. It has a wonderful cushion grip, the 0.5 lead means it is always sharp.( I can’t stand regular pencils, you have to sharpen them after every sentence. There is nothing worse in the world than a dull pencil………get your minds out of the gutter.) Extra lead is kept in the barrel and all you need to do is shake the pencil to advance the lead. I think this should be #2 of my addictions!!!
- 7.Crocs and UGGS. Crocs all summer, UGGS all winter. That is all I need to say about them.
- 8.Dt. Dew. Done with the first can, time for another.
- 9.Criminal minds. A show you have to use your brain to use. It may not be the same this fall if Thomas Gibson and Shemar Moore are gone.
- 10.But my worse addiction of all is WA; I spend way too much time here, but maybe that is a good addiction. Thank you to all my friends here for making this addiction a very positive learning experience.