Benefits Of DoFollow & NoFollow Links: SEO Basics
Whenever we discuss about SEO, a portion of the common words are noindex, doindex, nofollow, dofollow, meta robots etc... Each and every word hold equal importance in the book of SEO. In this post I will clarify about Nofollow and Dofollow. Exceptionally for amateurs who are new to SEO or individuals who are still not clear about Nofollow or dofollow, this post will be valuable.
What Are No-Follow Links ?
In simple words, Nofollow links are those which do not pass any link juice and these attributes do not allow search engine bots to follow link. Only humans will able to follow the link.
Eg: Anchor Text
Google made it clear that usage of NoFollow links consider to be less weightage. Even though, these links don't pass any value still they are very much valuable.
Some of the benefits are:
- Traffic: No matter what niche you are into, a relevant Nofollow link will always helps you to get some extra traffic.
- Site Looks Natural: A blog/website with good Nofollow backlinks make your site link profile look natural.
- Increases Metrics: Few Nofollow backlinks from high quality sites can increase your DA, PR and other metrics. These are not at all associated with Google but still many companies may look for it.
- Builds Authority: Some Nofollow contextual backlinks helps your site to gain authority which brings referral traffic and probably new subscribers as well. But all this happens only when you provide quality posts.
- Safe: The main advantage of having a Nofollow backlink is that it's totally safe. What I mean is you really don't have to worry about those links which points to your site.
What Are DoFollow Links ?
Dofollow links allows search engines like Google to follow them giving us link juice and backlink. The best way to give Dofollow link is by allowing keyword in the anchor text.
Dofollow links play an important role in increasing credibility, ranking and site optimization. Now, let us discuss of it's advantages.
Some of the benefits are:
- SEO Boost: One or two high quality Dofollow links with great contents can really helps to outrank your competitors in search results and brings more traffic.
- More exposure: Once you received few Dofollow links to your blog/website, then your content is more likely to be discovered by the readers.
- More preference: Search engines like Google prefer Dofollow links first which helps you to promote all your online business.
- Get Indexed Quickly: Dofollow links are crawled and indexed by Google in very less time. So always try to build Dofollow links for your websites.
Best practice is to keep a good balance of (40%)Nofollow and (60%)Dofollow backlinks which keeps you safe from updates that tend to penalize you for making such backlinks. Lastly, I would like to warn you about paid links. Make sure those links are of great quality & not of any spammy links.
Hope this helped you.
Any comments ? please do it below. Glad to help you out