What is a Niche - Making Money in Niche Marketing
Hopefully by now you have a better understanding of what is a niche. We are all involved with various niche markets every day. If you wear clothing and shoes, you are involved in those niche markets. Because like millions of other people, you had to buy the clothes and shoes that you wear.
Now on this page I will give you a list of some popular niche markets and some of the areas they can be broken down into. You always want to take a niche and find a specialized or specific sub niche so that you can be seen as an authority in it, the big fish in the small pond.
NICHE MARKETS AND THEIR SUB NICHES
VIDEO GAMES – This first one I will point out is a niche I am very familiar with and is very popular and profitable, especially if you select some of the specific sub niches.
- PC gaming towers
- racing game specific accessories like (steering wheels and pedals)
- retro video games
- video game headsets
- strategy guides
- Christian video games
- learning video games for kids
- video game console repair
- virtual reality headsets like the Samsung Gear VR or Oculus Rift
- MMORPG virtual currency and power leveling packages for games like World of Warcraft
COOKING – This is a niche we are all familiar with and you don’t have to be the one in the family that does the cooking. We all have been inside a kitchen and should know what items are used for cooking the food we eat. Here are some specific sub niches you could target.
- countertop convection ovens
- turkey fryers
- online cooking courses
- non-stick cooking pots and pans
- stainless steel and composite cutlery
- electric soup makers
- barbeque grilling tips
- gluten free recipes
- food preparation and storage accessories
- portable cooking grills and stoves
COMPUTERS – Here is another popular niche that we are all familiar with. Even if you do not consider yourself computer savvy, you definitely know enough to use one. Again you would want to pick specific sub niches, like those below within the more-broader niche of computers.
- Bluetooth and wireless computer keyboard and mouse
- computer hard drives
- Wi-Fi routers
- RAM upgrades
- laptop batteries
- cooling trays for laptops
- USB flash drives
- water resistant computer keyboards
- anti-virus software and online downloads
WEIGHT LOSS – Though not all of us have ever needed to go through a weight loss program, the majority of people across the world need to or will need to lose weight. This is yet another very popular and profitable niche with an excessive amount of sub niches. Ten are listed below.
- vegetarian diet tips
- diet pills for women or men
- natural fat burners
- workout supplements
- home-gym equipment like free weights, treadmills, exercise bikes, incline trainers,…
- yoga mats and foam rollers
- DVD workout programs such as Zumba Fitness Incredible Slimdown, Beachbody, P90X3,…
- heart rate monitors like the Fitbit
- workout shoes and clothing
- fresh fruit and vegetable juicing weight loss recipes
All of the four above popular and profitable niche markets have far more focused sub niches than the 10 I have listed. But it was my intention to give you examples for some of the various amounts of sub niches from the broader main niche markets.
But there are thousands of other niche markets and there are several kinds of niche markets that we are all involved with on a daily basis. Next I will be listing some more niches that may not be as popular as the ones listed above but can be just as profitable, especially for those who are an authority in them.NEXT UP = Creating niches from what you are already involved with