What is a Niche - Making Money in Niche Marketing
On the previous pages I outlined a few popular niche markets and some of the various focused sub niches you can target on your affiliate marketing website. Now I will list some of the many niche markets we are mostly involved with on a daily basis but may not even think of as actual niches.
Remember, a niche is an area of a market specializing in one type of product or service. Because there are hundreds of thousands or millions of people who could be into buying a product or service that you are promoting, you will have a larger percentage of gaining customers based on your promotions.
OTHER NICHE MARKETS WE ARE IN EVERY DAY
Here are some more niche markets we are all exposed to on either a daily or weekly basis. Remember what Kyle says in the Wealthy Affiliate training and what has been proven by many other WA members who are engaged in various niche markets. – ANY niche can be a very profitable niche, especially if you are or become an authority in that niche. What are some of these niches and sub niches?
- CLOTHING – dress suits for tall men, wedding dresses, lingerie for plus size women, pajamas for toddlers, school clothing for kids, athletic clothing, hemp clothing, leather jackets, silk ties, swimwear for men or women, bras, boxer briefs, tuxedos, construction work clothes,…
- SHOES – leather dress shoes for men, sneakers for little kids, ballet shoes, dress flat shoes for women, casual slip-on shoes, sandals and flip flops, athletic shoes, waterproof hiking boots, high heeled shoes, athlete-inspired basketball shoes, baby shoes, knee-high boots, running shoes,…
- AUTOMOBILES – seat covers, GPS and smartphone windshield mounts, LED headlights, roadside emergency kits, battery chargers and jumper cables, car wash and wax products, window tinting, floor mats, windshield reflectors, chrome wheels, run-flat tires, mobile CB radios,…
- JEWELRY – dress watches for either men or women, silver or gold chains, leather watch bands, rings, bracelets, pendants, religious jewelry, engagement rings, jewelry for little kids, piercings, wedding rings, jewelry repair, jewelry boxes,…
- COFFEE – Starbucks coffee and accessories, Keurig K cup coffee makers, coffee cups and mugs, vacuum packed coffee, coffee bean grinders, cappuccino and espresso makers, coffee maker filters and replacement parts, Kona coffee, gourmet coffee, organic fair-trade coffee,…
- MUSIC – online music lessons, Gibson guitars, electronic drum kits, concert tickets, rock and roll music collectibles, band specific (The Beatles, Rolling Stones) memorabilia, virtual sheet music, digital audio workstation software, MP3 downloads, Apple iTunes, Bose stereo speakers,…
There are hundreds of other niche markets many of us take part on a daily basis and you can tap into those markets, as well as those above, and become an authority on that niche market. You can do this by either personally knowing the niche you choose or doing research on a niche that interests you.
The last thing you want to do is to choose a niche based on how much money you may think you can make with that niche. Every niche can be profitable, provided that you can effectively promote the product or service of that niche.
Then once you have decided on your niche, go to Google and search for affiliate programs that support your niche. Don’t focus solely on Amazon but rather add more affiliate programs to give your website visitors a variety of a selection.
To search for affiliate programs on Google is quite simple. Just type in your niche + affiliate programs. Example if your niche is Aromatherapy you would type Aromatherapy + Affiliate Programs and this will list all of the available affiliate programs in that niche.
It will now be up to you to do research in your chosen niche and find affiliate programs that offer great products or services with affiliate benefits. Another niche I showcase on my website is that of the fan-base for the Star Trek franchise.
Remember that sometimes the things that entertain us or others can also be immensely popular niche markets. I have presented these in a few separate blogs about collectibles on my website and they are, Star Trek, Coca-Cola, and by the time you read this Star Wars, Baseball and NASCAR will be added too.
There are literally thousands of niche markets to choose from and sometimes you do not have that far to go to find one. All you have to do is look at the examples I have given in this tutorial, some which you probably engage in every day, and just choose a focused down sub niche to start with.
Choosing a niche shouldn’t be so hard once you realize that you take part in many different niche markets all the time. Just think of the popular niche markets that you buy from, in which many others buy from too, and you have found a niche. Smartphones and their accessories are another popular niche. Do you partake in that niche too?
There are niches everywhere, even right in front you at this very moment. Some of these niches are subtle and many others are quite popular and profitable. The below link will explain the two very profitable niche markets and give you dozens of niche examples to choose from.
What are some of those niches that are right in front of you? The following tutorial will display pictures and then tell you of the various niches associated with the picture. This will help you see how niches can be found by the things around us every day.
If you liked this training tutorial please show your love by either clicking the green Like This button below, leaving a comment, and/or bookmark and share with others. To view my other training tutorials that will help you build your affiliate marketing websites, click the link below.