Target Audiences for Wealthy Affiliate
When you sit down and think about all the people in the world that would like to make more money, you could pretty much include just about everyone.
Every person from every little corner of the population could use extra cash and that is really the target audience. So in essence, your target audience consists of the close to 7 BILLION people that live this world, 3.4 of them have high speed internet and would love to have access to a platform like Wealthy Affiliate.
That is a pretty MASSIVE target audience, so within this tutorial I am going to give you a hand with some more targeted examples of audiences and show you exactly how to break them down.
Pretty big and pretty broad right? That was intended to prove the scale of the market that you can promote to, and within this section we are going to explain smaller more niche target audiences and also let you in on some ways in which you can research and market to these audiences.
When many affiliates begin to work on their keyword and industry research for Wealthy Affiliate research, they typically think of the most obvious marketers that are highly relevant to the services offered at Wealthy Affiliate. The main audiences that come to mind are:
- Making Money
- Work From Home
- Internet Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- PPC Marketing
- Email Marketing
These are fine and they are definitely targeted, however marketers typically run into a wall when they attempt to promote WA under these keywords as they are very competitive. They convert, but they are competitive.
Because of this, we recommend also venturing into other very targeted niches. I have included a list of these below:
- Entrepreneur Programs
- Website Marketing
- Local Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Twitter marketing
- Facebook Marketing
- Linked In marketing
- Email Marketing
- Google Adwords
- Google content network
- PPC Marketing
- Data Entry
- Home Business
- Search Engine Optimization
- Article Marketing
- Getting Rich Quick
- Become a Millionaire
- Search Engine Marketing
- Affiliate Programs
- Affiliate Networks
- Wordpress Plugins/Theme/Hosting
- Website Hosting
- Website Builders
- Internet Marketing Tools
These are all hot topics and highly related to what is offered within Wealthy Affiliate. Anyone looking for help in any of these areas can easily get help and get training within the Wealthy Affiliate community if you look a little deeper you find that there are even more than the obvious.
These can all be target audiences and I am going to show you how to elaborate on these in a second. However, there are complete demographics of people that should not be forgotten about. Massive groups of people that are looking for opportunities, to create businesses online or to expand their existing businesses online.
- College Students
- University Students
- Retired Individuals
- Middle Class Populous (large majority of US consumers)
- Retired Veterans / Disabled Veterans
- Disabled Individuals (who can work from their computer)
- New Career seekers
- Career Development/Advancement seekers
- Laid Off Employees
- Unemployment Benefits
- People with massive hospital/health bills
- Low Salary Employees
- High Salary Employees that Want More
- Minimum Wage Workers / McJobs
- Passive Income Seekers
- Residual Income Seekers
- Baby Boomers About to Retire
- People Who Vacation Lots (like the freedom)
- Loans/Cash Advances
- People with a mortgage
- People that are forced to foreclose their homes
- Debt Consolidation
- People with Undesirable Jobs
- Office Workers
- People looking to win the lottery
- Computer Jobs and remote jobs
- People interesting in computer programming
- Residents at business and Internet marketing schools
- People looking to get a marketing, finance, or business education
- Someone who wants to quit their job
- Ebay Sellers
- Summer Job Seekers
- Part-Time Employment
- People seeking any type of employment!
- Employment Search Engines (JobSearch, Monster, Careers.com)
- Criminal Employment (employment for criminals)
- People seeking post secondary education (can target University and College names)
- Real Estate Investors
- Online Surveys Takers
- Related Forums and discussion rooms
- TV Shows (Apprentice, Deal or No Deal, etc)
- Famous Rich People (Donald Trump, Bill Gates, Rich Dad Poor Dad)
- Hard Copy Books (The Art of the Deal, Buzz marketing, etc)
- Affiliate Network Keywords (CJ, Clickbank, Linkshare, Shareasale, Kowabunga, etc)
These are some demographic based audiences that you can target. These above ideas alone will give you enough ammunition to promote Wealthy Affiliate for a lifetime!
With what we have already given you, you could easily scale a campaign to make over $1 MILLION per year...in fact, if you put your effort into just one of these target audiences, you could likely make that with just one.
Remember, the average affiliate referral for Wealthy Affiliate is close to $150. Commissions and recurring revenue add up very quickly!
In the next section, we are going to elaborate on a few of these so you can get a better idea of how to research and find keywords within them, and and how to effectively set up campaigns targeting them.