Today I was searching on WA Dashboard and came across a question ASullivan posted: "How to link posts within the same website?"
I found the question very interesting because it is actually a very common issue people have when starting creating their websites.
Instead of answering in a written form I decided to create a short vidoe and to show how it is done!
It is ahort video of 2:19 min of duration. I hope you will enjoy it.
If you like it please leave a comment below and if you have any further questions, let me know and would be glad to help you out!
Now, when linking form one post to another within a same website you need to do the following:
(A note: please keep in mind that this tuorial is for the webmasters or creators of the websites that are using WordPress platform as the website creation platform, although the principle is the same for other platforms as well!"
1. Go to your WordPress Dashboard and open the post you want to link from
2. Create a sentence, an image or even a video file you want to use as a link to another post
3. Open the post you wan tto link to
4. Copy the uRL o fthat post
5. Come back to you created item for linking on the previous post
6. Use the link icon on the WP editor and open it
7. Insert the copied URl from before adn edit it as shown in the video
8. Update the post
9. Go to your post you are linking to
10. Update it too
11. Check live if the link is working
Please, note that if something doesn't work it is not a big issue. All you need to do is to go back and do the whole process again.
As mentione above, if you need any help, contact me through pvt messaging and I would be glad to help you out!
I trully hope this short veideo tutorial can help anyone who has a problem with this issue of how to link posts within the same website?
I wish you happy linking!
WA Premium Member