- How to Buy a Domain Name: CLICK-BY-CLICK Tutorial! (5 Benefits of Your Own Domain Name)
If you find this valuable, remember to click the “Like” button and share this video with anyone who is interested in having their own website
You can also share this video to anyone who is starting out in Wealthy Affiliate so they’ll learn this important process.
What kind of domain name should you buy?
Here are my guidelines (There may be exceptions to these “rules” of course but use these as a guideline!)
1. Use .com ending.
2. Don’t use dashes.
3. Don’t make it too long. 3-4 words maximum. (There are exceptions though)
5 Benefits of Having Your Own Domain Name
1. You Own a Website. When you have your own domain, you now have some own space on the internet. And all the time you build and develop your website your space gets bigger and better.
2. Control. Having the own domain gives you the freedom to do literally anything you what within your website. Design, context, text, images, links, money-making sources, everything is under your control. You can even make your website a social media or community if you want.
3. Ranks better. Having an own domain seems to rank better in search engines than subdomains, like xxxxxxx.wordpress.com, xxxxxxxxx.blogpsot.com, xxxxxxxx.siterubix.com or others. Subdomains can also rank very well if the website is high quality but its own domains tend to rank better.
4. Brand/Authority. Do you know Brands like Youtube, Facebook or Amazon? Those are all highly successful websites and at the same time ultimately valuable brands. Those brands are worth millions (or even billions). Having your own domain gives you credibility and reliability because your visitors will recognize you easier.
5. Domain is an asset. Its value grows. Think about your website as a real estate. You own the land and the house from the country called the Internet. As you build your house (your website) bigger and better its value grows.
All the time you put effort to make it better its value rises on the Internet. You can actually own many websites like you can own many houses but be careful not to concentrate on too many things at the same time.
Thanks for watching!
See you in the next video! :)
You can use leandomainsearch dot com, you input a word and it gives you another
And a godaddy valuation tool to find a memorable name.
However nowadays domains are not so affected by SEO vs writing quality rich content with good choice of keywords, latter of which would rank you in the search engines.
I would always go for a dot com domain name vs dot net or dot org as people's perceptions when they start typing they would typically assume it is a dot com. And make sure it is spelled correctly as it cannot be edited once purchased.
I would not include dashes and check if the domain is copyrighted, trademarked and ' or registered to an established business.
You can use Jaaxy fo find something suitable and along the metrics would also search if the dot com domain is available
Look for searches (avg.) above 30 and competition (qsr. ) lower than 100, the lower the qsr the better. Starter sites SEO greater than 95.
We always recommend starting out with own niche vs the Affiliate Bootcamp (make money online niche) as the latter is a lot harder and more competitive, you would need to write 300 to 400 articles before you are able scratch the surface. (vs. 100 articles own niche)
You'd also need to do the whole Bootcamp in its entirety before you can commence with your site.
Recommendation is to focus on ONE niche at a time, even Kyle himself would recommend the same.
To learn more What Training? The Online Entrepreneur Certification or The Affiliate Bootcamp - Choose your path!
Here is my doubt: I prefer to buy Domain name from WA instead of from the others. I believe this will be much simpler, as mentioned by you in your tutorial.
I need your kind advice.