4 months in my membership - my progress so far
Hi all fellow members of WA.
SiteFeedback - From 0 to 100 %
I can't tell you enough how awesome this community is. One of my goals which I didn't write down was to be better in asking for help and improve my SiteFeedback. I have now 100 % and are super happy with that. I have since I started had 100 % on publishing regular content but now I only have 90 %. That's odd because I have published every Tuesday and Thursday for a while now. If anyone can tell me why this is happening please tell me.
But back to SiteFeedback. Since I have asked for more feedback I also get a lot more help to improve my website. I have listen to all your advice and done the changes require. I will thank you all for contributing making my website more professional and giving my readers a far better reading experience than I did when first starting out.
Grammarly - My true helper along with all members in WA.
Another goal which I didn't write down because I didn't understand how important this was earlier was to write content without grammar mistakes. I check my mistakes in emails Grammarly send me and I am improving my writing skills every time I check. Both unique words and mistakes have improved. I have also checked all my previous posts and pages for grammar mistakes besides with my links. At fist, I was a bit discouraged by all my writing mistakes. There were loads of them to say the least. But when I discovered I could actually improve my writing skills by checking with Grammarly it felt a lot better for me. I know I can learn just give me some time and I will become a professional writer in American English.
I will show you my last updates from Weekly Progress:
This is from the August 1:
The next is from August 8:
As you can see I have a lot of mistakes BUT I have improved from about 43 % to now 73 %. All improvements are good. My writing skills are moving in the right direction.
From being a clumsy Norwegian writer to becoming a professional writer.
When I started with my website I thought I was better in writing English. In Norway, we start learning English in third grade. I had pretty good grades in high school but I haven't used my English writing skills since high school. It's far beyond thirty years since then. I forgot one important thing about education. You have to practice your new skills. If you don't practice you will forget how to use the skills. This has been a lesson for me but it's not too late. I can learn even if I'm not the youngest anymore. I just need more time but in time I have a goal to write professional and I know that I can achieve this goals.
My successes so far:
1. I realized that I had to do something about my writing skills in English. I swallowed my pride, rolled up my sleeves and fixed all grammatical issues on all my posts and pages. Hopefully they are better now. I do hope so. If you can see any mistakes on my post or pages I would appreciate that you told me that.
2. I changed my theme to a better functional theme for me. Lot of work but I did it.
3. I have struggled with the feeling of inadequacy ever since I started with this journey in WA. I was not happy with my progress. It was just not working fast enough. Then I realized that my expectations were so big that I was not able to follow them. Today, I know that I am doing what I can to achieve my goals. If I don't reach my goals within a certain amount of time it is due to my high expectations and not to my hard work. I work hard almost every day to reach my goals with my website. I know I am a hard worker and I don't give up easily. That's one of my strongest skills and qualities. I know from the deepest of my heart that I will accomplish my goals. Not so fast as I first thought but it will happen. It's just a matter of time.
4. I have had one sale on iherb so far. That's it but I'm not going to beat myself up because of that. It's a sale and it was from my website. Good for me! I give myself a clap on the shoulder and move on.
5. I am far better in asking for help. That's maybe my biggest achievement so far. My new skill is making my website better and have improved a lot since I started my site. I get more feedback and also detailed feedback that improves my site. Thanks to all of you who have helped me improve my site by being honest and straightforward in your feedback.
My goals for the first 3 months since I started. I have been here for almost 4 months now:
1. My website will have all the pages I want and I will continue creating quality content.
- Today, I have pages I am satisfied with but there may be changes in the future.
2. Followers and readers can now subscribe to my website
- I have signed up for MailChimp but need to learn more how to use this service.
3. I want to be higher ranked in WA. My goals are to be ranked better than number 200.
- Today, I am ranked as number 234. I am quite satisfied with that.
My new goals for the next 3 months:
1. I have a subscriber list with MailChimp.
2. I am ranked as number 200 or lower in WA.
3. I have finished with my tutorials in the classroom
4. I will continue publishing two posts every week
5. I will learn more about how to use social media so I know how to communicate with others to attract more followers and more engagement on the social media.
6. I will research other themes so I can improve my reader experience even more
My new goals for the next 6 months:
1. My SiteTrust is 100 %. I am earning money on my site now.
2. I have started on my second website now.
3. I have subscribers and my list is attracting new subscribers every week.
4. I am skilled in how to use social media and get a lot more engagement on my site.
I want to finish this blog by telling how impressed I am of this community. Some day I will be an excellent promoter of WA. I've had some rough days since I started this journey but not so much that I will quit doing this. As the matter of fact, I've learned something important about myself and my ability to stay focused on my goals and not loose sight of the goals.
I remember myself being a student at school in my childhood. I was eager to learn but I didn't read the tasks properly and because of that I failed to do the task correctly. I still have a tendency to not read the whole task and start doing the task without knowing how to do it. But since I know that this is something I do I am now more aware of which traps I should avoid going in.
Once again, thanks to all fellow members here in WA. You're an awesome and fantastic group of people. I can't thank you guys and girls enough. My everything good happen to all of you.
I see you all.