My name is Angela & I am proud to be part of the Wealthy Affiliate community.
I am busy on my grind, in the training, networking with other members & mentors. I'm here to hone my craft, flip it, spin it, remix it, & create the life I envision.
I believe in speaking life to myself & others. I believe that the energy you send out into the universe comes back to you. What you feed your mind causes either growth or disease. We all have gems of knowledge & wisdom to share from our experiences, even the newest newbie has seen & experienced a lifetime of things that you, I, or the next person haven't.
Humility is important for everyone, from the janitor to the CEO. Kindness promotes health for the giver & the receiver. The brain can be the most inflexible muscle. It requires daily training & discipline.
---The MOST IMPORTANT LESSON I have learned to date is this---
You have the power to choose every moment...every second of your life.
You have the power to choose your thoughts, your attitude, your mentality & your mindset no matter what circumstances you find yourself in.
You may not choose how you immediately feel about something as it is happening, but you are far from at the mercy of change & struggles.
With consistent determination & mental discipline, you can learn to maintain emotional control, switch gears, & focus to find the important lesson in your situation.
We can derive direction & purpose from ANY negative experience.
It is a daily, hourly, & even moment-by-moment discipline, & it is by far the hardest exercise that I have ever had to do.
But it has been worth it - it has saved my butt, saved my life, & saved my most important relationships.
It has made me incredibly resilient, & there is very little that can shake me now.
Here's a bunch of random stuff about me....
- I was a nurse - in pediatrics, private practice, school nurse, trach/vent nurse, home health nurse, mental health nurse, addiction recovery nurse, corrections nurse, & now...retired aka work at home nurse.
- I've written poetry, memoirs, & essays since childhood, & published my first book in 2004.
- I was never good at holding down a job I found meaningless or lacking purpose. I've had so many jobs - cashier, chinese restaurant, buffet, server, office supply store, makeup sales, door-to-door knife sales (I got 20+ stitches for that one), door-to-door security system sales, women's fitness club, drapery factory seamstress, secretary, receptionist, office manager, personal development coach, modeling manager, makeup artist, runway choreographer, seminar instructor, public speaker, artist, poet, chicken farmer, worm farmer, & my hands are tired of typing.
- I've been married to the wrestling business for several decades.
- I gave birth to my first child 16 weeks early. She weighed just 1 pound, 4 ounces. That was a decade ago. I live with a walking, talking, laughing, dancing miracle. And my life is filled with hope & inspiration no matter what struggles I face.
- My favorite movies are Fight Club & Vanilla Sky.
- I have studied (& practiced) a number of religions in my life, all of which gave me beautiful, invaluable insight into the importance of discipline, humility, gratitude, hope, kindness, faith, justice, perseverance, & most of all...Love.
- I am a survivor of the life I have lived - we all are. If you woke up this morning & continued on this journey, YOU, too, are a survivor. Plenty of people will not finish this day or be here again tomorrow. That is all the reason I need to make the most of every. single. moment of this day.
Oh...and, Spicy chili chocolate is everything.
I welcome you into my circle. Feel free to follow me & share your knowledge, experience, insight, & jokes are good, too.