Top 5 Reasons to Work from Home
Most of you here at Wealthy Affiliate already know they are some great benefits to working from home and that's why we are all hoping to make this a full time occupation. But have you ever thought about all the things you stand to gain when you have a home office, and can finally tell your '9-5' boss where to shove his job? :)
- The average person commutes around 18 miles to and from work, taking around 1/2 an hour per journey. That's five hours per week stuck in a car when you could be working, and just think how much money you could save in gas!
- You tend to take less sick days - when someone else is paying your wages and you feel a little rough, then the temptation is to stay at home. But when you are responsible for your own earnings, you tend to be far more productive.
- We all know that stress is detrimental to health and people who work from home tend to suffer a lot less.
- Although it's important to get into the right frame of mind for working, (take a shower, clothes, hair and make-up - if appropriate!) you don't have to work in a pants suit or smart clothing. It's very hot here in the UK at the moment and when I see those bankers in shirt and tie, I could weep for them!
- Extra free time for family. When you seem to spend half of your life commuting, you tend to miss out on all sorts of important family times. When did you last manage to get to your child's sports day or attend a concert? When you work from home you can make sure to schedule your time so that you can get to these events.
I'm sure that many of you can think of other reasons to work from home - what's your motivation? Please leave a comment below :)
Ciao for now my lovelies,