The Greatest Discovery
The greatest discovery of any generationis that a human beingcan alter his life byaltering his attitude- William James
Let me take this opportunity today to share with you one of the greatest discoveries of any generation as right summarized by William James – ATTITUDE.
By definition, this is what attitude represents: - a settled way of thinking or feeling about something.
point of view, view, viewpoint, vantage point, frame of mind, way of thinking, way of looking at things, school of thought, outlook, angle, slant, perspective, reaction, stance, standpoint, position, inclination, orientation, approach; More
Attitude as a mathematical representation, gives 100%
Taking the alphabet and starting from A= 1% and Z = 26%, you can do the maths below.
A=1% T = 20% T = 20% I=9% T = 20% U= 21% D=4% E=5% = 100% ATTITUDE
Now that we understand how important attitude is in all we do daily, here are a set of 10 questions I am going to leave you with for your personal homework.
- What is your reaction when things are not going as planned?
- How do you handle situations that demotivate you?
- How do you deal with people that are always negative about everything?
- How do you handle yourself when you are frustrated about something that you can’t control but affects you?
- Who is responsible for how you feel every day, every minute or every second?
- Do you see the good in others, or the worst in them?
- Do you empathize with others?
- What is your reaction when others are progressing but you are not?
- You seem to be in between a hard rock and a wall, how do you respond to demanding situations?
- Do you always put on a smile, no matter what?
You may proceed with this list and ask yourself questions that are relevant to your current situation. Remember, whatever your responds is, ATTIDUTE counts.