2000 Twitter Followers! Great Milestone!
Last Update: Jun 29, 2016
For those of you who've been following me and my blog posts you'll notice that a lot have been on Twitter. Twitter has been great for me providing me with contacts I would have never gotten which has helped me promote my new site. In my personal experience it seems to be much easier to get followers on Twitter than other social media sites but I think it also depends on what niche you are in.
If you were in the food niche perhaps Pinterest or something more visual will perform better for you. I've been consistently posting on other social media sites like Google+, Facebook, and Pinterest but have been focusing more on Twitter.
It's been about 3 and a half months now here at WA and I've been able to consistently grow my Twitter following. Today I checked my account as I always do every morning and I noticed I hit 2000 followers! This was actually one of my goals from last month which I missed so I'm pretty excited that I finally reached it!
It's been hard getting more followers after hitting the 5,000 follow limit but I'm using some techniques keep my follower-to-follow ratio in check. I've been also using tools to help me schedule my tweets and get more retweets which I've mentioned in my previous WA blog posts..
First Training Course!
As I've mentioned before, I'm working on a BIG Twitter training. This will be my first training and it will consist of 10 lessons. It'll start out by first getting you set up with Twitter then slowly progress through more advanced things as you go through each lesson. There's a LOT to cover so I've been working hard these past few weeks trying to put things together. I'm almost done writing the first draft but want to make sure it's good so I'll go over it a few more times and tweak things or add things that I've missed. I've added some of my personal experiences and tips and tricks as well to help you get more followers.
Here is an overview of the course for those who are curious what it'll contain:
- Lesson 1: Getting Started – Step-by-step guide on how to signup for Twitter
- Lesson 2: Account Overview – An intro on how to setup your profile setup and account overview
- Lesson 3: Twitter Lingo and Guidelines - Explain basic Twitter terminology like RT, TT, etc as well as go over what you can and can’t do on Twitter
- Lesson 4: Tweeting – Information on how to tweet, use of links, images, videos, hashtags, retweets, likes
- Lesson 5: Lists – Lists
- Lesson 6: Keyboard Shortcuts - shortcuts to make you be more efficient with Twitter
- Lesson 7: Searching – Learn how to search effectively in Twitter
- Lesson 8: Building Your Network – Tips and tricks on what I did to get followers including free tools that I’ve used
- Lesson 9: Twitter Ads – Paying to promote on Twitter
- Lesson 10: Twitter Analytics – Analyzing your Twitter account
Hopefully I can refine things and get it out within the next week. I haven't actually written it in WA's training tool so I'll have to see how easy/hard it is to port it over. There's a lot of images as well so I'm sure it'll take some time putting it all together in the training.
Anyway, back to work. I never knew how much work it would be creating the training but I'm really excited and hopefully you'll like it and gain something out of it.
See more comments