5 Questions to Find Your Passion and Purpose in Life
To get you your first sale you must discover what your personal interests are and build your online business based around activities you're passionate about.
Here are 5 questions and ways to find your passion:
(1) What is or was your biggest personal problem?
I have had huge problems sleeping in some part of my life and this gave me a deep interest in learning about insomnia. So I analyzed and researched online to find a cure to insomnia and wrote a kick ass article about it. This article got ranked 1st in google and send about 350 visitors to my website in 1 day and I got my first sale.
After earning my first commission I realized that niche and business wasn't my true passion, but just an interest in solving a personal problem and to get proof to see if affiliate marketing was a scam or the real deal. After I found it wasn't a scam I put my business on hold and started soul-searching.
However you may find that this question will lead you to your purpose as a step along the way.
(2) What one thing makes you happy doing over and over again, even though it takes a lot of effort?
I have found that I'm great at listening to other people and I realized that solving other peoples problems and having them reach their goals was something I kept ending up doing in social conversations, so I got Certified as a NLP Coach and tried to start a physical business.
I soon found out that there are so many problems and branding myself as a Life Coach and that solving any problem a person might have, was a hard sell. I take many courses studying how to develop a business, and one thing that helped me more than most was the suggestion to start with the question of WHY you love to work with a passion.
(3) Why do you love to do that one thing that other people might not care to do themselves?
After asking me this question I learned that, being an active part of people’s personal growth, as I share my experience, makes me happy and this brings fulfillment to my life.
I now realized I love to teach and since I have a degree as a pedagogue it kinda makes sense, but it was just not obvious enough to me. Once I found the obvious answer to WHY I love to work with my passion, then came the WHAT should I teach.
(4) If you should teach someone something, that you're already an expert in, what would it be?
I'm an expert in asking questions, making a person feel understood and helping people achieve their goals, however this is too broad to create a business as I mentioned earlier. So now I have combined a problem of mine with my passion as a teacher and mentor. I found out that I wanted to help you solve the problem of feeling dependent and become more independent starting you own business, working with your passion and making money while doing it.
I want to give you the understanding, that its not the money that will give your life the feeling of fulfillment, but teaching about something you love, while you enjoy the process, will make you feel happy and fulfilled as your business start to grow and become more and more independent.
As you begin to realize why you really want to create a business and what you want to teach, you then get to the question of HOW you should do it.
(5) How do you want to teach someone your expertise? or How do you want to promote, brand and sell your product?
I have known for a long time that I wanted to create an ONLINE business and not OFFLINE, because I grew up as the computer came into existence and I have always had one, but this is the HOW part, where one should decide how to start the business. I have chosen affiliate marketing, because I can work from anywhere and it doesn't require me to create an actual product, but this should be the easy part, even though the process might take some time. I have chosen to create content on a website and use organic search engine optimization to get traffic as well as creating ads.
This is my niche. I want to help you start your online business career as you build your business around you passion and if you ever feel like there is a goal you can't achieve, I'm here for you.
If you still don't know how to find your passion and purpose in life, here's some great questions to consider:
- If you had 100 billion dollars in your bank account, what would you do right now? - I would quit my part-time job and travel the world with my family, growing my online business and spend time putting my thoughts and knowledge on the web. Plus I would invest in science and green technology!
- What circumstances could you describe which have made you feel happy and fulfilled in the past? - The day before writing this article I was sitting with my sister in front of my PC, teaching her from my notes from a $10000 internet business course. This was the best feeling ever, our brains ended up getting over loaded and she became even more clear about what she should do to grow her business.
- If you had one wish and you could wish for anything, what would it be? - I would wish for kids with my spouse, because kids love to ask questions and seek out knowledge looking to me as a role model. Plus I would wish for the freedom to be with my family and help them solve their problems, as I already do, but would like to spend more time doing.
- What have you done your whole life for free, that you haven't realized yet could make you money? - To me this was coaching, mentoring and teaching. I have been studying psychology since I was 15 and I wanted to know how the mind and body works. Every time I learned something new I found myself teaching it to someone else family or friends.
Once you have an idea of where your passion lie, its time to dig in and find some keywords.
If you like this article, please leave a comment below and let me and other readers know your thoughts, ideas and questions.
Thank you for listening.