Todays Reasons Why?
The Reason I Am Here
My reasons can change on a daily basis sometimes.
Today, as I was working at my 9 to 5 job, many reasons came to my mind about why I'm here on the WA platform.
When I have to help customers in 3 to 5 different directions, while multitasking, I feel like I am losing my mind!
I'm happy to take care of the customer standing in front of me. I believe in offering great customer service.
Great Customer Service?
Like most employers, trying to do more with less, my employer expects me to
- answer the phone
- answer the back door
- answer the front door
- give great customer service to all
- including the one standing in front of me
- do it quickly
- with enthusiasm
- without mistakes.
So I Ask the customer standing in front of me to excuse me.
- call on the intercom to the back door and say, "Someone will be with you in a moment."
- answer the phone and ask the person calling if they could please hold
- ask the person in front of me to excuse me again
- go unlock the front door and let someone in
- lock the door back up (the lobby is closed except by appointment only or call ahead due to Covid-19 restrictions)
- let that customer know that someone will be with them in a moment
- take care of the customer in front of me and let them out
- take care of the person at the back door
- then the person on the phone, if the customer is still waiting and if the phone isn't ringing again, which happens more often than not, so I can pick up the call that is on hold, and not get involved in another call that would be out of waiting order. (Some phone calls require further research, further calls, or lengthy conversation, so I'll take a phone number, also asking if their voicemail is full or if it's even set up so that I can reach them when I call back, and/or an email address and get back to the customer when I can with the information that they need.)
I should tell you that we have had a couple of employees quit (Gee, I wonder why?) and with getting our lunches and training in, our side job responsibilities done, and our vacations in, it often leaves 1 or 2 people to do what 4 full time workers don't even have time to do.
Some help, please?
There are 2 more people in the building, who are supposed to help with the phones and the front doors, who have work to get done occasionally too. And I know how much time 1 phone call can take up, but isn't the customer the reason we have a job?
Maybe I wouldn't mind as much if I made even close to what I'm worth, no, not even then. I'm so exhausted when I get home, I have to take a nap before I do all the things I have to do at home.
In comes an opportunity
While checking to see if a make money online offer was legit, I stumbled across something that says something like "Not a get rich quick way to make money online, but over time, starting around 6 months later, I can slowly build something myself, in my spare time, that could lead to some passive income eventually, that would be built around something I'm passionate about, and with a lot of hard work, could replace my 9 to 5, and I can work from just about anywhere in the world, and they will train me, and I can start for free, I got excited! Soon after checking it out a little, I went all in!
What? I have to write?
Well, I'm still researching for my first article, a month after joining.
I'm struggling. I know that if others can do it, so can I.
I'm actually finding more time to work on it than I originally thought I would when I set my goals. I will look back on this post someday and remember where my escape from my 9 to 5 job that asks the impossible of me, began. I am so grateful for this platform's training and helpful family. I can't wait to work for myself.
Now to get that first article published...