What Are Meta Tags Used For?
Meta Refresh Redirects
This tag tells the web browser to redirect users to a different URL after a stipulated amount of time. These tags are very important for SEO because Google understands and responds to them. Google responds to them because of the following factors:
- Not all web browsers support them.
- Users may get confused when using them.
- Pages need to parse before they see the destination URL and it takes some time.
Best User Guideline
- Don’t use the tags unnecessarily.
- 301 Refresh Redirect is better to use than Meta Refresh Redirect.
Should You Spend Time on Meta Tags?
Whenever you search for phrases or keywords, you’ll see a listings page, but that blue link at the top is the title. The Meta description is the descriptive text in blue.
Normally, it could take months for a web page to rank. So, because of this, you ought not to spend much time trying to create Meta tags for that webpage. Just use a few minutes for creating both page title and description.
Rather, what you should do is focus on making the tags appealing and descriptive enough for people to click.
First impressions are everything. When it comes to SEO, your Meta tags are your website’s first impression with search engines and users.