WA Word Ninja
- 1. SEEN Have is the helper verb
- 2. SAW Past tense required, but no “helper” verb like have or had
- 3. YOUR possessive - eyes belong to you
- 4. YOU’RE substitute “You are” and it makes sense
- 5. THEIR content belongs to someone
- 6. THERE a place/location
- 7. TOO also or in addition to
- 8. TO indicates a motion of going
- 9. IT’S substitute “It has” been and it makes sense
- 10 .WE’RE again, substitute “we are” and it will make sense
Well, how did you do? I'm sure you aced it!!!
I hope this helps. Like I said, this is just the very tip of the iceberg. However, these are the most common misused words.
Although my kids used to get mad when they were corrected, I hope you don't. Funny, now that they're parents, I watch them correct their kids. Imagine that. LOL. You just can't get lazy when you're writing.