- Promoting WA Through Email Marketing
Promoting WA Through Email Marketing
Email Marketing is certainly not new, but it can become one of the biggest skills that an Internet Marketer can add to their repertoire. When you are promoting products online chances are you will receive many visitors that do not end up purchasing the product the first time they visit your page.
This is not a bad thing, it is just a simple fact that you as an Internet marketer has to deal with. If you are converting at 1:50 visitors, you are doing pretty well. But at the same time, that means that out of 50 customers, 49 of them are leaving your site without making a purchase and without leaving you any way to contact them in the future.
What if you could collect the email addresses of 10 of those 49 individuals so that you could later contact them with information and promotions? Well, you can, and that is what we call 'Email Marketing'. We also call this "building your mailing list" and it is what ALL top Internet Marketers do. You can literally take those 10 customers who were originally not interested in your offer, and turn them into customers who purchase from you over and over again.
How Can You Create a Mailing List For Wealthy Affiliate Promotions?
Creating a mailing list is not something that you should focus on if you are just getting started as an Internet Marketer. Although it adds significant earning potential, it also adds more complexity and requires more time and expertise to be effective. Below is a list of things you'll need to create a mailing list.
- First of all, you will need a website. Without having a website, there is no way to have a web form where people can register to your mailing list. To build a website, we suggest that you use Wordpress Express at Wealthy Affiliate. If you don't want to purchase a domain, you can use a free website creator like Blogger.
- You need to sign-up to an auto responder service that will manage your email campaigns for you. This is a must have if you are going to create a list, and we highly suggest that you use Aweber.com because of their large tool set. Do not try to do this on your own server; it is not worth the hassle!
- You then need to add an opt-in form to your webvpage either in the form of a pop-up, or have the actual form embedded within your website text. When you create a list within Aweber, they provide you with this code.
- Create an offer to your subscribers. People are not willing to give up their email information unless you have an offer that will be of value to them. You can offer bonuses in the form of a small ebook, tips, tools, keyword lists, and enrollment into your "valuable" newsletter.
Here is a great guide that we have provided you with to give away as a bonus to your subscribers:
Internet Wealth Guide 2.0
To give this guide away to your subscribers you will need to add your affiliate link to the end of the url for the page above, using the following link structure:
You can then include this link in an email to your subscribers, and any sales that it generates will earn you commissions!
Following Up With Your Subscribers
Once you have obtained a subscriber, you will want to follow-up with them, providing them with value. Aweber.com makes it easy to automate this and you can easily create a follow-up sequence that will go out automatically after someone signs up to your list.
We suggest that you set-up at least a five day follow-up sequence, that will provide value/information/techniques/help to your customers. Making a good first impression is key to creating a list that is responsive and will take advantage of your promotional offers that you have in the future. On the following pages we have provided an example of a five day follow-up sequence that you can send out to your list.