Paul's Grammar Corner
Table of Contents
- Learn the most common mistakes.
- Learn how not to make them.
- Learn when to use "so"
- Realise how annoying the misuse of "so" can be.
- Learn the correct use for each word
- Check all of your editable work for mistakes.
- Learn the differences between each word.
- Send large amounts of money to my personal account.
- Remember, language is evolving but it also still has rules.
- Learn that professionals often have old-fashioned values.
- Many rules have shortcuts which make them easy to understand.
- You don
- Think of further examples where you might use each word.
- I can't think of anything else.
- Watch television and shout at it when somebody gets this wrong
- Drink a bottle of single malt whisky.
- Buy me a good single malt whisky. Lapfroaigh will do nicely.
- Point at songs like "Lay Lady Lay" and laugh at them for their ignorance.
- Have a short lie down before the next lesson.
- Write a short review of the course on the opening page under Kyle's (just kidding).
- Have another lie down.
- Think how brainy your friends will think you are when you correct them at dinner.
- This is the end of day three. Drink more Scotch.
- Complete a range of upper body exercises in preparation for day four.
- Do fifteen press-ups in preparation for the next lesson.
- Make an Origami swan. It will keep you amused while I type the next page.
- Understand the Oxford comma and find it in other people
- Find out whether you have ever used a lower case"i" as a personal pronoun and avoid yourself if you have.
- Sensibly, take some time to digest these; they
- Go back and tick all the tasks you
- Tick all the other task boxes.
- Read, and keep reading. I mean books, and lots of them. It
Lessons Done 0%
An ongoing grammar course...
So? Why not?
There, Their, They're
Phase 2 - Standards
Me and I
Which and What
Fewer and Less
Lie and Lay
Which and That
Who or Whom
The reason why because
Phase 3 - Punctuation
Colons and Semi-colons