Measuring Link-Building ROI Using Traffic And Google Analytics
It is at this point Google Analytics will assist your tracking and efforts. Google Analytics is free and helps track important traffic metrics, even though they don’t immediately convert. So let’s say you have a Google Analytics account, start by logging in, after logging in your account, below are some major traffic metrics to track in Google Analytics:
•Several unique visitorsThis tells you the number of website visitors engaging your page for the first time.
• Several visitors: This is the total number of visitors to your website during a particular period.
• Average visit duration: This is the total time spent on your site.
• Percentage of new visitors: This is the number of new visitors against regular visitors to the site.
• Pageviews: This is the number of times visitors opened individual pages on the site.
• Pages per visit: This keeps track of the average number of pages each visitor opened on the website.
• Bounce rate: This can be said to be the percentage of users leaving your page after checking it out.
After those traffic metrics, there are three other specific tactics to track the performance of important links to your site.