One of the most popular ways to leverage free traffic coming to your site is through Google Adsense. This is a publisher network that allows people like you and I to put ads on our site in exchange for a percentage of the ad revenue that is earned if one of the ads gets clicked.
Adsense is probably the best platform and pays the best, so we do suggest starting out with a Google Adsense account.
**Tip: You have to get approved for Adsense before you get to put ads on your site. I recommend that you spend some time building content on your blog before you apply for Adsense as they require a site before you get approved (and they want to see something with unique and quality content). Create your site within a minimum of 5 pages first.
It is important to note that you should be sure to follow Google’s rules closely because they will boot you out of there program very quickly if you don't. There have been a lot of "horror stories" over the years where Adsense publishers have gotten the boot after having a site set-up that is earning them $10,000's per month in ad revenue. Read their rules and follow them.
How to Set Up Google Adsense on Your Blog
- Sign up with Google Adsense. It’s free.
- Create the ads you want with Adsense’s tool.
- Copy the code they give you.
- WordPress Dashboard ->Appearance->Widgets
- Add “Text” Widget to desired sidebar.
- Drag widget to desire location in sidebar.
- Click “edit” on widget.
- Paste in Adsense code. (like you did in Step#10- setting up your RSS)
- Leave title bar blank.
- Click “done.”
- Click “Save changes.”
- Check how the changes look on your site.
And then here is an example of what Adsense will look like on your site.
Here is an example page that I created: