As simple as this sounds, many people overlook their friends, family and acquaintances. If you have an interesting blog that you are proud of, you should definitely tell them about it. They will not only be great resources for feedback, they may even turn into customers, referrals, or word-of-mouth advertisers for you.
So how do you tell your friends?
There are some conventional ways and some unconventional ones, I will give you some ideas for both.
(1) Good ol' Email -send your friends emails when you first create your site and when you create a new page or post on your WordPress site you think they would be interested in. If you like, you can also ask them to make comments.
(2) Your email signature - Add your blog URL to your email signature...so every personal email you send out will give people the opportunity to go to your site.
(3) Verbally - Make a phone call or tell them when you see them about your site. Many people don't realize they can create their own sites and will be interested in the fact that you have your very own. Talk about it.
(4) Create business cards - This may cost a little money, but you can get business cards made up for very cheap at VistaPrint.com. Put your name and website URL on your business card. You can hand out your card to new people you meet, your friends, and your family.
(5) Text them - Let people know about your WordPress site via text. Make a new blog post they might be interested in, text them. This is an easy way to connect and will get people viewing your site "mobile" style.
These are just a few easy (and free) ways you can get your friends visiting your site!
Get Started Here
Certification Courses (5 levels)Getting Started Level 10% Complete Task 1 / 33Building Your Own Traffic Producing Website Level 20% Complete Task 1 / 36Making Money! Level 30% Complete Task 1 / 28Mastering Social Engagement Level 40% Complete Task 1 / 40Achieving Maximum Success Through Content Creation Level 50% Complete Task 1 / 36
Please login to take part in the live discussion. Click here to loginReconnecting...Oops, your connection to the Live Chat disconnected. Please refresh your browser!Loading Live Chat...
Build Your Websites Here
Site ManagerAccess your websites + Site HealthSite BuilderBuild your websiteSite DomainsFind, register & manage your domainsSite ContentThe Ultimate Writing PlatformSite Comments Upgrade to PremiumGet comments on your pages & postsSite Feedback Upgrade to PremiumGet feedback on your websitesSite Support Upgrade to PremiumTechnical support for your websites
Affiliate Bootcamp (7 phases)Getting Your Business Rolling Phase 10% Complete Task 1 / 31Content, Keywords and Conversions Phase 20% Complete Task 1 / 30Giving Your Site Social Value Phase 30% Complete Task 1 / 30Get Visual. Get Aesthetic. Get a Brand Through Media Phase 40% Complete Task 1 / 26Knowing Your Audiences & Catapulting Your Referrals Phase 50% Complete Task 1 / 49Bing, Yahoo, & The Power of PPC Phase 60% Complete Task 1 / 32How to Scale Successful PPC Campaigns Phase 70% Complete Task 1 / 30