Instagram 101: Posts and Reposts with Canva, Part 1
Here is the comprehensive training I promised on how to create posts and reposts on Instagram using Canva.
This training series "Instagram 101: Simple Posts and Reposts with Canva" will be in 2 parts:
- Part 1 will thoroughly demonstrate how to create simple Instagram posts, how to save posts in Instagram draft for later posting, and how to create post-worthy images in Canva.
- The next training Part 2 will teach you how to effectively Repost anything on Instagram like a Pro to attract a large amount of followers.
This Part 1 training series will be divided into the following lessons:
Introduction: What You Need to Get Started (Page 1)
Lesson 1: Creating Post-Worthy Images in Canva (Page 2)
Lesson 2: Simple Instagram Posting (Page 3)
Lesson 3: Saving Drafts for Later Posting (Page 4)
Introduction: What You Will Need to Get Started
Canva is a wonderful FREE and simple to use design tool that works perfectly with Instagram.
You will be working on your smartphone almost all of the time; this is the device you will be using almost exclusively to post on Instagram. The only time I use my computer is for preparing images in Canva, once they are ready in Canva from there I only use my smartphone.
Here are the first things you will need to do before we start this training:
- If you have never used Instagram before, go on your smartphone and go to The App Store (iPhone users) or to Google Play Store (Android users) and search and upload the free Instagram app to your smartphone.
- Make sure you have the FREE version of Canva on your computer. Just Google Canva.
- Go back to your smartphone, and do the same as Step 1 and upload the Canva app.
- You will need to upload an app for reposting content. There are several apps that you can use for this, but I simply use the app called Repost.
Background: Posting, Saving Drafts, and Reposting Instagram Images
I make it a habit to post my own image(s) or repost at least one image with a personal caption on Instagram every day. This is a GREAT way to build a following and attract a multitude of Likes and New Followers to gain influence.
Reposting allows you to take other people’s images provided that you give them attribution, and to re-share their content on Instagram. It is where you capture images by other Instagram users from their Instagram feed or another Instagram user’s account, modify the image, add your own caption to it, save the image as a draft in Instagram for a later time or another day to post, or share the post immediately.
With hundreds of millions of images to repost and over 800 million + users on Instagram (only 2nd to Facebook for social media), you will never run out of material to post! If you are like me and post on Instagram, you will want to repost some of your favorite relevant images as part of your daily activity on Instagram.
By relevant, I mean images that relate to your niche i.e., as an interior designer I love posting great images by other interior designers, architecture, inspiring quotes, and some of my favorite images I find either while I am walking around the city, or reposting something beautiful or intriguing I find scrolling through the Instagram feed.
I also love to post FUN images relevant to hashtags on a trending day i.e., #ThrowbackThursday, #MotivationMonday, #TuesdayThoughts, etc. For more information on these, read my post by clicking the link below:
Well that’s some important background information for what we will be covering
Awesome! Now let’s get started with the training.
Go to Lesson 1 by clicking “Next Page”