How to write a blog in wordpress
Page or post?
Once you access your dashboard in Wordpress for a new writing you need to make a choice between post and page. Although they look similar, they are not.
What is the difference ?
1. Posts: Those are used to write blogs, articles, reviews. You can add tags and categories to order your writings and readers can comment.
In your wordpress go to dashboard>posts
- To view or edit your posts click 'All Posts'
- To add a new post click 'Add New'
- To view or edit your categories click 'Categories'
- To view or edit your tags click 'Tags'
2. Pages: those are important messages like your 'about me' or 'privacy statements'. There are no categories, nor tags and readers can not comment.
In your wordpress go to dashboard>pages
- To view or edit your pages click 'All Pages'
- To add a new page click 'Add New'
No categories, nor tags, nor comments here.
This being said, the editor tool for both is the same. So, let us add a new post.