If your domain is registered with Godaddy and you are using their nameserver, you can follow these steps to add a new A record:

  1. After logging in to your account, go to "My Account" area and click Domains.

  2. Click the Launch button on the domain you want to add an A record to:

  3. On the next page, go to the "DNS Zone File" tab and click on "Edit":

  4. On the next page, clicking on an entry you want to update will make it editable inline. So you can make your changes right there, then just click the button "Save Zone File" when you are done.

  5. To add a new A record, just click the button "Quick Add" at the bottom of the A (Host) section:

    This will add a new row of fields at the bottom for you to fill. Just enter the details you need and click "Save Zone File".

Join the Discussion
Write something…
Recent messages
tsgdimm Premium
Hello again,

So, it is not possible to access the cpanel for WA sites?
JasonGB Premium
You can access your files/folders etc via FTP but no cPanel
Teresa0575 Premium
Hi nimrodflores,
I think it would really help if you added Weathly Affiliates IP address that is needed for making an A Record.

I did eventually find it here But other than that, this lesson really helped me when my hosting company couldn't.

Thanks & keep up the great work
@RICH. Premium
If you're hosting here, you can simply go to Websites & Hosting in the main menu, click on Domains in the blue bar and then Add A Sub-Domain. Rich.
nimrodflores Premium
Yes, of course.. it's a lot easier and more straightforward if you'll be hosting your sites here.
PeetJG Premium
Hi Rich, I followed your instructions and indeed In MY DOMAINS at "BUILD MY WEBSITES" I have the option to login to CONTROL PANEL. after the line where-in my sub domain www.nl.codependencyvoices.com is
By clicking on that option I get a popup saying that I have to use FTP agent client. I am completely unfamiliar with FTP. Is there no other way to go the www.nl.codependencycoices.com/wp-admin dashboard?
T1967 Premium
Hey PeetJG did you ever get the answer to your question?