How to Point a GoDaddy Registered Domain to WA.
Ok, take a deep breath. Here we go ...
1) Go and get yourself a glass of water or something to drink (no beer) just in case you start to shake and your mouth goes dry during this process. That happened to me the first time I ever pointed a domain name.
2) Log in to your account manager at GoDaddy. You do remember how to do that?
Here is the log in page: GoDaddy Log In
3) When you get logged in then you will be presented with a list of all your products at GoDaddy. Maybe some you didn't know you had. Anyway, in that list of products is one called "Domains." To the right is a button called "manage."
Click on it. (The button used to be called Launch)
4) Now, click on the little box to the left of the domain name you want to work on. If you only have one domain name then that won't be hard to figure out.
5)Important: check to see if the domain name is locked. You can't mess with pointing a domain if it's locked. It's a safety feature that GoDaddy does now days automatically when you buy your domain name.
In the "edit" column you will see a little green check mark. Click on the check mark and a box will open up. You now have 2 choices. Click the "unlock" button and click save.
6) Now, take a look above the row where you see your domain name. Look up at the row of little icons and find one called "nameservers." Point your mouse cursor at the nameservers icon and a drop down menu will appear. Click on "Set Nameservers."
It takes longer to explain all this than to actually do it. Anyway, when you click on "Set Nameservers" a new box will appear. You have two choices; "standard" or "custom." You want to select the "custom" option.
7) When you arrive at the "custom" area you will be presented with two boxes to fill in. This is where you will put the two DNS names to point your domain to SiteRubix. The two names to put in are;
ns1.mywahosting.com (in the first box)
ns2.mywahosting.com (in the second box)
8) Please be careful; now is NOT the time to make a spelling mistake. That's why I told you not to get a beer to drink. Fill in those boxes then check those boxes 256 1/2 times to make sure you got it right. Actually, checking it once is enough.
9) Time to move on to the next step.