- Step in finding CJ's merchants and advertisers to promote & Affiliate Marketing Lesson
Step in finding CJ's merchants and advertisers to promote & Affiliate Marketing Lesson
Once logged in to Commission Junction account, all the new advertisers that are coming in to the Commission Junction network straightaway we can see as usually several new advertisers per week join the Commission Junction network.
Now To Search for Merchants & Advertisers.
- Find available advertisers, click Get Links.
- If name of the advertiser or the merchant, just enter the name and click on Find.
- If not, logical thing to do is to browse through the advertiser categories and find the category that is most suited to our website.
- Browse through the main category to find the wider main topic first. Then narrow it to subcategories to find more targeted sub topic.
- All available merchants in this category are here.
- First column, the name of the advertisers.
- Second column is the 3-month earning per click. It might says ‘EPC’, earning per click means the earnings per 1000 clicks.
- The third column is the 7-day EPC. Difference between the 3-month EPC and the 7-day EPC is that the 7-day EPC shows the performance of the individual merchants in the past 1 week.
- The 3-month, shows the performance in the past 3 months.
- This helped to determine exactly how a particular advertiser has been doing in the long run and short term.
- Fourth column,take notice of green bars. Commission Junction’s way of showing us which merchants or which advertisers have the highest network earnings.
- Network earnings basically shows the profitability of the merchants. Commission Junction doesn’t publish the exact formula of how the network earnings is calculated.
- Probably an equation that shows how many individual affiliates have made money promoting any particular merchant.
- At the same time we still be able to see the actual commissions paid by that particular advertiser.
- Advertisers can choose to pay a commission per sale, commission per lead, or even a commission per click. All combining to a single column, some offer commissions between 5%-12% euro. Some even same item they sell but pay a commission around 2% per sale. Plus performance incentive.