How to Earn Money from Blogs (before you have significant traffic)
Not Making Money Blogging
I'm just not cracking this blogging gig. I can see how I'll make money eventually but I NEED money NOW. I don't have the money to continue paying my Wealthy Affiliate membership fees. I can't afford to invest in Jaaxy. I need these tools. I need this Training. I'm stuck. I need to prove to my husband I can make money blogging so that he will support me... Oh no, I may have to go get a job and then all these hours I've put into my blogs may be wasted. All my Domains are hosted at Wealthy Affiliate. Where would I move them to? What would that cost? What if I lose my blogs? I've worked too hard to lose my blogs now. I have too much invested.
I HAVE to find a way...
These were the thoughts running through my head 8 months ago when I knew my Annual Membership Payment was nearly due and I knew I HAD to find a way to pay for it myself.
Desperation was setting in.
By this time I'd been blogging my heart out for nearly 2 years. I had followed the training so I'd done all of these:
- Created a Website (or 3)
- Built Rich Content
- Chosen Low Hanging Fruit Keywords
- Shared Posts on Social Media
- Signed up for Affiliate Programs and Added Affiliate Links into Posts
- Written Reviews for Wealthy Affiliate and Jaaxy
- Signed up for Google Adsense and added Google Adsense and Gourmet Ads to one site to test Advertising Income
But something wasn't clicking into place.
I just wasn't getting enough traffic.
- None of my posts were shooting it out of the park, going viral and drawing visitors to my site.
- None of my keywords were bringing in masses of organic traffic.
- None of my Social Media Channels were really ROCKING.
I wasn't making NOTHING. I had one or two affiliate sales here and there and I was earning money on Fiverr.
I had sporadic income... but
I wasn't making ENOUGH yet.
Not nearly enough.
In October 2017, I earned a Total of $136,94.
And that was my personal best, the month before that I only earned $29,10 and the month before that, even less - $11,22.
I knew I couldn't beg my husband to pay for my Annual Membership on the Black Friday Special for a second year running.
And then... just in the nick of time - Two weeks before Black Friday....