How to Create a Static Wordpress Homepage
Welcome to my first tutorial.
This tutorial's aim is to help you swap between having a static page as your home page or your blogroll. It will be geared towards affiliate marketing websites more than others.
I know that within our training here at WA, we are told that we can keep our blogroll as being our homepage but I do prefer the Static Homepage over the blogroll.
1) It looks more neat and tidy. I feel like the blogroll as a home page is too busy.
2) Aside from your About Me page, you get to elaborate more on the mission and goals of your website.
3) It is easier to get your visitors to perform certain actions when you elaborate and provide links on your homepage (for example, if you are promoting Wealthy Affiliate, you can talk about the mission of your website and point them to your number 1 recommendation, which would be Wealthy Affiliate).
4) It provides a good starting point for your visitors, especially if they are new to your website and your products. It is easier for them to navigate to other pages that way.
5) Having a static front page will feel more like a full fledged website than a personal blog, and this will increase your credibility in the eyes of your visitors.
That being said, I have noticed a decrease in my bounce rate AND an increase in my click-through rate and WA conversion rates.
Now that we know what the benefits are, let's get rolling with this tutorial!