How To Create A Content Box in Html
When it comes to building out your websites, you should have content.
Content Comes In Various Forms
Content includes a mix of text, images, videos, banners, call to actions, buttons, boxes, icons, etc.
WordPress Themes offer overall visual layouts for your websites and blogs.
But with simple HTML and CSS code, you can also add visual elements inside your pages and posts to make content more visually appealing.
Content Boxes Are Simple Visual Elements
As with anything, there is always more than one way to achieve your desired end result.
You can make your pages and post more visually appealing by adding content boxes, buttons and special text call outs.
This blue border box is one example of a special note callout. Visually, this content box separates the text inside the box from the page and brings extra attention to it.
These HTML content boxes and buttons can be used for many different purposes:
- Call to Actions - A specific action you want your viewers to take
- Special Notes - A special note such as a required affiliate disclosure statement
- Headlines - A boxed in headline that helps break out sections of a long post
- Images - An image with a special background color
The sky is the limit with content boxes.
And there are multiple ways to create content boxes and buttons.
You can create a box or button with:
- HTML - uses HTML code to create boxes and buttons
- Image - create a button and take a screenshot of it
- Page Builder Plugins - Use plugins to add visual elements inside your page or post content
You can find plenty of WordPress plugins for page builders that allow you to easily insert in a content box, a button and many more visual elements.
You can even find them themes that come with page builder plugins included.
However, it is very easy and completely free to use HTML code to create a content box.
HTML Makes Websites
HTML is what makes up your website pages anyway. Why not customize the code?
The reason these plugins exist is because HTML is a coding language and can seem technical. So the plugins make it easy to build elements like content boxes without knowing html or how to code.
I personally would like to show how easy HTML really is.
I would like to see if I can convince you that using HTML is easier than you think.
If you know code for specific HTML elements such as a content box, you can easily create these content boxes and customize them however you want.
- Without installing a plugin
- Without having to learn how to use the plugin
- Without worrying about slowing down your site with plugins or images
And if you know of some really good free resources, you can grab more HTML codes for about anything you want.
This tutorial will show you step by step how to create a content box in HTML.
You will get the HTML codes for different content boxes and variations. You will also get a list of resources, tips and tricks to make this an easy learning process.
The 6 Steps in this tutorial include:
- Step 1 - How To Access Text Editor in WordPress
- Step 2 - How To Create A Box Around Text in HTML
- Step 3 - How To Change Box Color in HTML
- Step 4 - How To Create A Border in HTML
- Step 5 - How To Create A Button in HTML
- Step 6 - HTML Code Tips
Ready to get started? Cool. Let's do this!
Next Page -> How To Access Text Editor in WordPress