- How To Create a 6 Figure Website
How To Create a 6 Figure Website
I've struggled online and know how frustrating it is to work your butt off and not see results (My first year I didn't make a dime). I also know what it's like to build a successful niche website and see it disappear overnight because of a change in Google. I know what it's like to get back up after something like that to make an even more successful website in a short period of time that's Google penalty proof.
My two and half years in internet marketing has seen some ups and downs but I'm finally completely confident in my abilities and have a very good idea of how to be a success online. You can read more about my experiences here: https://my.wealthyaffiliate.co...
I'm creating this guide to help anyone frustrated and not seeing any results.
If you're one of these people I have very good news for you. It's way way WAY easier than you think. My strategy is basically free and takes about 6 months to see results.
In this training I'm going to show you everything I've learned in the last 2 and a half years all the way from niche selection, to keyword research, to writing your content, to optimizing your content and additional tips and resources to guarantee the best rankings possible.
You should have all the tools you need after reading through this training to build six figure website in less than 18 months and you may get there in less than a year.
What's A 6 Figure Website?
There's two ways to look at this. The first is to actually make 6 figures a year which is a little over $8,000 a month. The second is to look at the overall value of a website and how much you'd get it if you wanted to sell it.
Typically you'll get 20 to 30 times you monthly income if you sell your website. So a website making $3,000 a month could be sold for anywhere from $60,000 to $90,000.
Right now my website is earning around $1200 a week (which is around $5,000 a month). It only took me 6 and half months to reach this point and my last website got up to around $2500 in 6 months.
I'm currently at the second version of 6 figures but should be making over $7,000 a month pretty soon.
There's Only Two Things I'm Asking From You
The first is you have to at least be done with the third course in the training here at Wealthy Affiliate before reading through all this. You need to know the basics and fundamentals of affiliate marketing to understand my training and I won't be going over the small things you learn in the training.
The second is to go through everything in this training before messaging me and asking me to help or to look at your website. I understand you're eager to make money but I'd prefer not to have to go over something that's already in this training. If you need clarification or help after you can feel free to message me and I'll help you out with what ever you need.
Overview Of My Strategy
My strategy is very basic and it's almost identical to the one taught here at WA. The only difference is I write lengthy "best of lists" with the year (An example would be "Best toaster ovens 2018") instead of individual reviews.
There's many reasons I like these posts better and I'll go over more about why in the training. Just know a single best of post, when done right, can bring in thousands of clicks a month and thousands of dollars a month. My website only has 35 "best of" posts and I'm getting about 40,000 clicks a month and $5,000 a month. That's pretty good bang for your buck.
Here's a break down of what's in the training:
- Choosing a niche
- Finding keywords
- Finding products
- Writing your best of posts
- On page seo
- Additional resources to help you
It all starts with niche selection and that's where we'll start.
Please help on this also.
While analyzing competition for best of keyword what is most important. Is it Domain Authority or content length or relevance of ranking websites on SERP. If all the website ranking for a best of keyword in my chosen niche are high authority can we still try and beat them with longer post?
So I bought a domain.
Thanks for everything.
1) I am ready to roll. I have my basic site set up and ready to start.
2) I am signed up with Amazon Associates. 80ish % will be Amazon products.
3) I was approved for the other two affiliate programs that I needed. Bad news is 20ish % can only be purchased through these two affiliates. Good news is they are higher commission than Amazon.
4) On-Line SEO Checklist Printed out from Backlinko so I don't miss anything.
Three questions if I may:
1) 300-400 minimum words per item on page plus intro and conclusion will keep me from being dinged by Google?
2) I get the internal links and why, but I am confused about adding external links (to whom and why would I do that). It seems that would send them off my page (even if opens new window) or distract them from buying right then if I sent them for some reason to another site. Could you elaborate on this please.
3) I understand with a new site, nobody will be reading these for a while..do I keep a constant check on the product links to make sure they are still active? I assume dead links to products would be terrible.
Thanks for everything. I sincerely appreciate it.
2) Link how to well known like wikipedia. It's good for SEO. I don't have an exact answer for why but everyone I respect in the SEO industry says do it so you should just do it.
3) Maybe once a month check no the links or when a post starts getting traffic check on them.
Does it have to be amazon products or could it be other affiliate links? If I want to have a travel blog for example could I do ‘best places to visit in Berlin 2018’ but, instead of products, have links to things like booking.com and Airbnb??
It’s more of a hiking/travel blog but I’d also like to do place reviews (as well as hiking gear).
Also what if there is no traffic for a keyword with the year? For instance "Best Recliners" vs "Best Recliners 2018". No traffic for "Best Recliners 2018" but decent amount for "Best Recliners". Is it okay to just add 2018 to the title? Permalink would still be shortened.
Try not to overthink this too much.